Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Marlee Gets Mail!

Marleewood had been pretty quiet since Grandma Lu had fallen and broken her arm. People still came in to visit and have a snack though. Some folks had brought fall decorations to make the outside look nice. Marlee and Grandma B were in the back kitchen one day and Marlee said, Grandma, how is Grandma Lu's arm? Did you give her the card I made her and the Band-aids? She should be all better by now." Grandma B chuckled and said, "Yes, I gave her the card and the Band-aids. It will take a while longer. How about if you send her a kiss? I'll take your picture and send it to her."


Marlee giggled and said, "Okay, this will make her better then we can go to lunch with JoAnn and Grandma Lu again. When do you think that she can write some more stories? I can't hardly remember that last story. Oh wait, now I do. I think Marlee Ada was going to fall in the well and Nell was going to fall off the raft into the river. Wow, that was exciting. How soon will she write another story? It's getting cold outside, I like it when you read me those stories. Or better yet, when can she come back to Marleewood?"

Grandma B said, "Well, I talked to her this morning and she said that she is doing exercises and that she should be able to type on the computer pretty soon. It will be fun to read them again, won't it? You have so much to tell her too. You have been on vacation with your mama and daddy. You can show her some pictures when we get together again. Why don't we get in the Ranger and go get the mail. It's a beautiful day out today."
When Grandma B pulled out the mail she smiled a really big smile. "Oh, Marlee, look. You have some mail. It's from Grandma Lu. Let's see what she has to say. She wrote you a short letter. I'll read it to you. Oh she said thank you for the Band-aids. She says her arm is getting better and she thinks pretty soon she can go out for lunch again. That will be such fun won't it? Ok, let's go back to the house and you can read it some more."


When they got back to the house, Grandma B said, "Oh, the phone is ringing. Just a minute let me see who it is. "Well, hi, Grandma Lu. Oh that's wonderful. Really? Oh Marlee will be so happy. No I won't tell her yet. Let your arm get a little better. We just can't wait. Look in your pictures. Marlee sent you a picture. Okay, my dear. Talk to you later. I'll be watching.....

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she liked her card. I think everyone likes to get some fun mail. There will be another story on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job. Hope it didnt leave you on too much pain but were glad your back.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...