Monday, June 25, 2018

Marlee Earned Her Half Of The Big Wheel!

"These have been the longest four weeks of my life, thought Marlee. All I have been doing is working. I have to eat a vegetable every day and feed Kit. I can live with those two rules, but picking up my toys is a job. Whew, it just wears me out. I'm almost too tired to play with some of my toys. Oh, well, tomorrow I get to go get my new Big Wheel. I just can't wait. It is so pretty. They only had two (2) left. I have to get there early in the morning to make sure that I get just the one I want. It is pink and purple with yellow pedals. It's been so long I can't even remember exactly all the colors on it."
The next morning Marlee was dancing around and could hardly sit still while her mama put her hair in pony tails. Her daddy had counted her money and she had just enough to cover her half of the new Big Wheel.
When they got to town they went directly to the store where her new Big Wheel was waiting. Marlee ran down the aisle ahead of her mama and daddy just in time to see another little girl ride HER Big Wheel down the sidewalk towards the parking lot where the cars were.
"No!!! yelled Marlee. That's my Big Wheel. I have been working for four weeks to earn some money to buy it." She ran to her daddy and told him to stop that little girl she had her Big Wheel. Her daddy talked to the store man. He told Marlee's daddy that he didn't know that Marlee wanted it. He just sold it to the first person that had money in their hand.
Marlee's daddy said, "I understand, do you have another one?" The store man shook his head sadly and said, "No, I don't. I will have to order one for you. I have some sad news for you. The price on our Big Wheels have gone up so it will cost more than the other one."
What did that mean for Marlee? Daddy explained to Marlee that she would have to work some more to earn more money for the different Big Wheel. But, to make sure that she would get it, he would give the man some money so nobody could buy it until Marlee had all of her money.

Marlee couldn't imagine having to work, work, work. When would she ever have time to play? Then she thought of Grandma B. Maybe when she was at "B's" house she wouldn't have to work. Then she remembered that she did have to work at Grandma B's house too. She vacuumed and dusted there and helped with chores outside and helped feed Stashia and Spaz.
"That's okay. I want my Big Wheel."
Two (2) weeks went by and the man at the store called and said that Marlee's new Big Wheel was at the store waiting for her. This time even Marlee's daddy was excited. They went to the store, paid for it, and Marlee got to ride it out to the parking lot. Marlee couldn't believe her eyes. There was her cousin Cute
Carlee standing by HER Big Wheel! No wait, it was the Big Wheel that Marlee wanted two (2) weeks ago. The little girl that bought it was her cousin. Furthermore, she was parked in her parking spot!


3 comments:

  1. Curious to see what adventures she has with her new Big Wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha oh my the thought that goes threw her head, the excitement, and the lessons learned.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...