Friday, July 27, 2018

Grandma B's Friends Tell Her She Is Imagining Things

The days following Marlee's visit and the strange things that happened were not easy. Grandma B was not herself.  She was on edge and even jumpy at times.
Some of her friends got together and decided that B needed some Friend Therapy, so they invited "B" out for dinner one evening.
The ladies ordered their food, and drinks and Sandy said, "Okay, "B", what's the matter with you? You just are not yourself. Are you sick?"
"B" just laughed and said, "You guys are silly. I'm just fine. Just had kind of a bad week."

 Kathy and Nikki and Shanna weren't there that night, however they did get a call later on in the evening from Sandy, Brenda, and Sabrina. They were worried.
"B" had told her friends that one day her horses had gone wild. They ran and ran so fast she just couldn't understand it. Then where she had her old flower garden, there were broken flower pots and trash strewn all over the place. B said, "You have no idea how many times I have lost my phone and my keys this week. The other day I found my keys in Marlee's treasure bucket. Just getting old I guess. I do wonder, though, if disturbing my little fairy garden houses and so on in those old flower beds hasn't upset the natural order of things out there. I have heard of that before.
Her friends giggled and said, "We think you need a night out more often, Old Girl. You are starting to imagine things." When they said that, "B" mentally dug in her heels and decided to go to the library and prove to them once and for all that "her fairies" were lovers of nature and did not like to be disturbed.
When she got home that evening the horses, once again were running like crazy.

Grandma B kept seeing Marlee's little face in her mind. Something just was not right. "I wonder what is going on with that little girl. She almost looked guilty the other day. Maybe the girls are right, maybe I do need to get out more often."
She decided to go to bed early. When she got into bed there was something very wrong. What in the world?
"Ok, this is it, I'm getting my phone and taking a picture of this so the girls will believe me once and for all."


4 comments:

  1. What could our sweet little Marlee possibly be guilty of? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof is here!!! Lol this is getting good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for the rest of the story...

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...