Friday, September 28, 2018

Marlee Learns That Friends Can Like Different Things

The last time we read about Marlee she had accepted a job as a taste tester. There was a question about a cafe that was serving sour pickles instead of sweet. That was not acceptable to Marlee. She had blown her cover by taking off her black hat and sunglasses. She didn't know what to do. She didn't think she wanted to lose her job. But her mama and daddy whisked her out of the cafe and took her home. They explained to her that some jobs just were not right for her while others were.
True to form, Marlee decided she knew more than her parents so she decided to sneak back in again. This time she dressed in clothes that she hadn't worn to that cafe before. Sure enough they did not recognize her.
Marlee acted just like a lady and ordered once again, a hamburger and french fries and a glass of water. She told the lady who waited on her that she wanted a sweet pickle on her plate, not on her hamburger. She told Marlee that was fine, she would order it for her. When Marlee got her pickle she made a bad face. Then she said, "No like it!!" She went on to tell the manager of that cafe that she was going to write them up for poor service.
A few tables away, there was a pretty little girl that waved at Marlee and said, "Hi, remember me, I'm Hannah. I was at the surprise party the other day. I had to leave to help at the shop. Well, I'm on my break, and I would really like to be your friend. Don't you think that you are pretty hard on these folks?  Some people really like sour things. In fact a lot of people do. See, I love to eat lemons just like this!" When Marlee saw that she made a face, but you know what?
That made Marlee really think things over. What Hannah said was true. Even her Grandma B liked sour pickles. "Hmm, maybe you are right. What do you like to do, Hannah? I'm already tired of this job. I think my mama and daddy are right. Some jobs just aren't right for me. You seem to like your job though, don't you?"
Hannah grinned and said, "I sure do because I get to spend time learning new things and sometimes my mama and daddy are both there too. But do you know what I really really like to do? I love to sing. Do you like to sing?"
 We all know that Marlee loves to sing. Do you remember this picture? And here is one of Hannah singing too. So you see, friends don't have to like the same food. They don't even have to like the same clothes, or music. But good friends should like to do a lot of the same things. You know why? So when they get older they can laugh at themselves at the fun they had and the silly things that they did together. Oh and look at fun pictures when they were little.
Oh wait, Marlee is waving goodbye to Hannah. I hear her say, "Don't forget, let's go out for ice cream soon. My Grandma B is waiting for me out in the car. I sure hope that you like ice cream, 'cause I just love it!"

3 comments:

  1. I used to have a friend that liked so many things I didn't, but we had so much fun doing things together that we both liked. We loved to look at pictures and laugh too. In those days they were called scrapbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. AllI wish and pray for is that Marlee finds and keeps special friends like you and I have, Bonnie. They are priceless.

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...