Friday, January 4, 2019

Grandma B Is Determined To Solve This Mystery

When Grandma B said, "No!" in her sleep it startled poor little Marlee. She made a sad face,  She had been a good little girl coloring and playing with her new Weebles that she got for Christmas. She couldn't figure out why her "B" had used her outside voice. Papa was there and cuddled her and said, "Oh, Marlee girl, your "B" didn't yell at you. She was dreaming. You didn't notice because you were busy with your toys and coloring, but your "B" had fallen asleep in her chair. I think that she had a dream."
About that time Grandma B said, "I'm sorry if I startled you, Marlee. You know what, I'm going up to Marleewood and put a stop to this nonsense once and for all. I don't think there is a Mustang or any  other kind of race car in our small town. For that matter there probably isn't any Aunt Nat. Grandma Lu just got me all worried. I'm going to get to the bottom of this once and for all.  I hope Charlie is there. I need to talk to her and see just where she found this Aunt Nat."
She asked Marlee if she wanted to go with her. Marlee loved to go to Marleewood. Maybe Charlie and some of her other friends would be there. When Grandma B and  Marlee walked in everything looked different. That's because Grandma Lu and Charlie had taken down all the Christmas wall hangings and put them  in boxes. There were no pretty red, green, and shiny  things on the wall. It looked kind of dreary. They needed to find something to brighten up the place again.  But they were quite pleased with themselves. They had worked hard already today. When they saw Grandma B come in the break room she looked upset. She wasn't even smiling like she usually did.
Grandma B took a deep breath, calmed down and poured herself a cup of
coffee. She sat down at the table and quietly asked Charlie just where she had found this Aunt Nat. She also asked Charlie if she had seen a picture of Aunt Nat. Charlie said, "No, but I saw her in a magazine. There were people all around her with cameras. If people get their pictures in a magazine they are good, right? So I sent her a letter just like I did to Santa Claus. He gave me even more than what I asked for. That's what I think we will get with Aunt Nat; more than what I asked for."
Grandma Lu had little tears in her eyes and so did Grandma B. Nothing more needed to be said. They would love to meet this popular and photographed Aunt Nat. They silently gave each other "the nod" which meant, just that.
 They both started playing with the children and had a good afternoon.
Charlie put on her new coat that she got for Christmas and was ready to say goodbye. Grandma B gave her a hug and told her how much she loved her and couldn't wait to meet the new photographer. Charlie hugged her right back and said, "See you tomorrow, Grandma B!"
Grandma Lu told her friend goodbye and got a big hug too. Remember the lesson that we learned? Friends don't always agree, but they always love and support each other.
Marlee got her coat on and "B" started to turn off all the lights. She thought, "You know what, I haven't had a Diet Coke in forever. I think I will take that bottle home with me. No one has come to get it yet. If they do, I will buy them another."
 When she opened the refrigerator this is what she saw.




3 comments:

  1. Friends show trust and support even through some of the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Minds of children so innocent, I could really see this happening. True friends

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...