Friday, March 29, 2019

Spring Break #4: The Un-Birthday Party (Part 1)

Marlee was having a ball outside playing with her friends. Ryan and Andy's daddy had put up a trampoline for Marleewood Adventure boys and girls to use anytime that they wanted to as long as they had grownups outside with them. Wow, that was really great, wasn't it? Then someone else had donated some playground equipment that everyone could use.

  She thought that her message to her friends and family was working really great. She hadn't had any complaints about people bringing their pets so all was well in her little Marlee World....

There were a lot of cars both big and small with people coming into the Marleewood parking lot. Some of the folks had treats and drinks. Some did have pets Marlee noticed. Surely, that wouldn't be a problem. (Did Marlee ask permission? No.) Marlee was waving "Hi" to everyone that was coming in. She was so happy. There were some folks that she didn't know, but she didn't care. Oh oh. Was there a grownup out there? Yes, here comes Grandma B and her Uncle B. Oh good,  now we can get into the business of having a party!I think Marleewood is getting fairly clean.




 Harleigh had a birthday this month. She went shopping for her birthday. I hope she has time to come to Marleewood for some cake and ice cream. Oh, here is a new friend. His name is Ty and he has a little kitten too. It's name is Prudy. Well, I guess that's okay as long as he holds on to him. Because I think that a puppy named Moose just came in the back door. He is a really big puppy. He is going to be very big someday. He weighs over 25 pounds now.

















Well, well well. I see Johnathon and Emerson. How fun except that makes four (4) kittens. Doesn't it make four (4)? Or does it make more? You had better check the story before!
Marlee's Uncle B came in and sat down in the Sitting Room. Immediately a kitten crawled up and around his neck. Then soon after he looked towards the window. He had heard a soft, "Meow, Meow." There near the window was a little Sadie May in a tin pitcher of flowers! Evidently Marlee did sneak in the two (2) little kittens... You could hear a loud "MOM!"



Two (2) girls, Maddison and Brooklyn were having a birthday this month. They wanted to know if it was alright to use the kitchen to make and decorate their cakes. They were getting so old now that wanted to do the baking and decorating themselves. They were celebrating their seventh (7) birthday. Their Grandma Phyllis and their mom said that they would help. So of course, they were told they could use the front kitchen.


















So Emerson was singing "You are my Sunshine",the birds are chirping, the girls are singing Happy Birthday to themselves, and there is barking and mewing and chickens clucking. There is carrying on the likes you have never seen or heard before. This is not a birthday party. It is an Un-Birthday Party. That is a party you celebrate just because it is a happy day. This is a happy day isn't it? The sun is shining and everyone is so happy. At least I think everyone is happy.















 Do you remember that the back kitchen door was open? Well, Grandma Lu just walked into the back kitchen. I know that because I heard a really big ACHOO! Then I heard a scream! What she saw had just about done her in. Not only were there birds and cats and kittens and dogs everywhere she looked, (especially Mercedes on the kitchen counter) but there on her little friend Arieanna mama's shoulder was a Bearded Dragon called Pablo. He was new so he needed to come to the party too. He didn't mean to scare Grandma Lu, did he? But he just scooped up his food with his little tongue so fast that it gave Grandma Lu what they called in what Marlee calls the olden days, the vapors. She needed to sit down! Oh oh. Why couldn't Grandma Lu sit down?  What do you think was on the easy chair and on the couch, and on the footstool and even on the beds that are in the Daycare Room.
 Mrs. Joann called her granddaughter that's a nurse. Guess what, she had a dog with her. She saw  what was going  on and she quickly put her dog in her car and came back in to check on Grandma Lu. She was fine, just sneezing and coughing and itching. Grandma Lu had to grin. She quickly took an allergy pill and said, "You know what, kids, I haven't had this much fun in years!"
We will continue on with this story next time. It can't get any worse can it? We shall see. What fun an Un-Birthday party is if you aren't allergic to cats!
I think the lesson today is "Teamwork". I don't think there was any. We will talk about teamwork another day. But for right now, just plain pure fun. Have a great day.

9 comments:

  1. This was the biggest most unorganized party that Marlee had ever had. However, everyone seemed to be having fun. What is the key? What could possible happen tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story I laughed . I really needed this been in so much pain with my back and enjoyed and took my mind off it for a while. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I’m so sorry about the pain. When I am laughing out loud when I’m writing these stories I always hope my readers will join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know I do, and. I'm sure everyone else is also

      Delete
  4. I can see you sitting behind the computer laughing so hard while writing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day, Bonnie. It's such a joy. I begin and end my day writing Marlee stories.

      Delete
  5. 😂😂😂😂 love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad. You may be featured in Marleewood's new beauty shop soon!

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...