Monday, July 15, 2019

The Scrapbook: Propunzul And Freddie

 Grandma Lu was thinking about Marlee and her imaginary Freddie, the little stone dragon. She shook her head and grinned and thought, "I need to tell her a story about Freddie before I tell her the Rapunzel story or as she calls it Propunzul. She said that the wicked witch had put Propunzul in a rock castle and turned Freddie, the little dragon into rocks too. I'm sure I could tell her a little story about Freddie.  Let me see, what did Marlee say? She said that the wicked witch said 'acra dabba' and the little dragon turned into a bunch of rocks. Okay, let me think of a fun story for her the next time I go to Marleewood.
She is so much fun and loves stories. Maybe some of the other Marleewood
children will drop in. It's been awhile since I have seen them."


In a few days Grandma Lu drove by Marleewood and saw Grandma B's car. "Hopefully B has Marlee with her. I hope so. I have the Freddie story in my mind. I probably better tell it before I forget what I made up." She shook her head and grinned to herself. She knocked at the back kitchen door. Grandma B said, "I saw you drive in. Come on in and have a cup of coffee. I bet I can find something to snack on." Grandma Lu grinned and got herself a cup of coffee. While she was getting herself settled, she asked her friend if Marlee was with her today. Grandma B said, "Yes, she is. She's in the sitting room again going through those fairy tale books. She is probably making up some doozie stories in there. That girl has so much fun with those books she found in the Daycare Room. I'm glad to see how much interest she has in books."
Grandma Lu said, "Look B, she has Snow White, The Wizard of Oz and Rapunzel in there. I'm going to have a little fun with her if you don't care. Remember she was telling us about Freddie the Dragon? Well, I made up a little story about him, then I'll tell her the story of Rapunzel. She sure loves Rapunzel doesn't she? You know there are so many dragon stories, but most of them are for grownups or have been made into movies, so I thought maybe I could tell a little story about a little dragon that had gotten into just a little bit of trouble. What do you think? Grandma B just grinned and said, "Go for it, Girl." and sipped her coffee.

Soon Grandma Lu wandered into the Sitting Room and there was Marlee with several books. This time she was sitting on the floor looking at them. She looked up and grinned when she saw Grandma Lu. "Are you going to tell me the Propunzul story today?" Grandma Lu said, "Well, first of all you told me about Freddie and that he couldn't rescue Propunzul because the wicked witch had turned him into rocks, right?" Marlee nodded her head yes. "I saw it in a book. I saw the pictures. There was a little girl with golden hair like me and a little rock dragon." Grandma Lu was one to believe little ones for the most part so she said, "How about if we tell the story together and make it into a book? You could even have your name on it. Would you like that?" Marlee grinned and said, "Yeah, that would be fun to have my own book. Can we call it Propunzul?" Grandma Lu smiled and said, "That we can, Marlee girl. That we can."

Grandma Lu had an idea. "Marlee, how about if we get different pictures of you together and make a book called a scrapbook? When we get it all done it will tell a story that you can look at even when you are old." Marlee laughed and said, "Like you are, Grandma Lu?" Grandma Lu said, "You got it!" They laughed together and started to make plans for their book. They were going to ask Marlee's mama and Grandma B for help with some of the pictures.
Children and some grownups had started to come into Marleewood to see what was going on today. There was even a new friend that had come to visit. His name was Spencer. We love to have new friends, don't we?
Grandma Lu said, "Hi, everybody. Marlee and I are getting ready to make a book out of pictures. Would anyone like to draw or color a picture for me? Then we could put them altogether and make a little book. Or we could put them out in the kitchen to make it look nice. Whatever you would like to do. What do you think?"
Some of the children were already going out to the Community Room to do some painting and coloring. How fun. I see Noah, Hudson and Emma are already very busy.  Marleewood's kitchen was going to look very nice indeed.
                                             

4 comments:

  1. Children love to give their loved ones their drawings and coloring for display. The pictures are also good measuring sticks to see what the child sees and also good for hand eye coordination. My fridge used to be plastered with my children's creations. I still have some saved away. I also have two scrapbooks that I made when I was just a child. I worked on it almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also helps with their imagination and learning what they are thinking and absorbing. This is going to be a fun story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it of course ! Love that you are doing for Marlee to refer to when she is a bit older and can read and look at all her toddler years :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Brenda. Wouldn't you have loved to have something like this? Baby books were about all we had when we were born and they weren't well kept up.

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...