Friday, February 21, 2020

He Called Her Lady Bonita

As Bonnie looked over the man's shoulder she politely asked if she could read his pamphlet about the parade. He turned to her and she saw the familiar light in his eyes. She was just about to ask him his name when  he gave her a small smile and said, "Here you are, Lady Bonita. Enjoy your vacation."


As she touched the old paper she suddenly felt a bit dizzy and heard strange sounds and music in the background. She looked all around her. She was not in the airport but in an old old motor car with her friends. They were at a parade!



Or maybe they were actually part of the parade. They were holding tiny umbrellas which were called parasols for shading their faces from the hot sun. Their clothes were so beautiful "Oh look at all the ships! They are pirate ships. I think I know just what is going to happen. I think I am going to demand the key to the city or I will kidnap their mayor. Why am I going to do that? I think those are my ships. Why would I own pirate ships? What is happening to me? Who are these people?"
Bonnie could feel the burn of gun powder in her nose and could hear cannons being shot off in the distance. This was real. This was war. She wasn't Bonnie, she was Lady Bonita, dressed as a fierce pirate. She was the cousin of the most feared pirate on the seven seas; Lady Kathleen! Together they were a force to be reckoned with; now and forever.


Once again she and Lady Kathleen would soon be on their way home to the land of peace and beauty. The land that would one day belong to their future generations to love and care for.


5 comments:

  1. Who says I can't make my own history? lol Such fun it is writing these pirate stories. Monday continues this little saga

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh they would be a huge united force. I feel sorry for those they choose to fight. you go girls lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited love your stories. I got chills reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...