Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Horns Were Honking But Pirates Walking The Beach?

Brandon's dad had gotten his mom a new Ranger to help her out on the farm with outside work. It was great for him too. He loves to help outside. They even made a bonfire to burn up all the brush. It was still winter time, but today was a great "outside day." Just as he was getting out of the Ranger to put more brush on the back of it he heard a motor noise. It was pretty loud, he looked up and didn't see an airplane. He looked over at the road and there was the strangest thing he ever saw. An old pickup with four dogs and a lady in it went rumbling by.



Brandon couldn't believe his eyes and jumped out and went to tell his mom. He could hear the horns honking and people waving. "Wow! What a fun day this is. I just love being outside."

Nora and her friends had had a wonderful time after they left the ship that had all of those mischievous elves on board. The rest of their trip had seemed uneventful, but so beautiful. Nora still wanted to go to the Pirate Parade when they got back to the United States. She had succeeded in convincing her friends that it would be fun. They had one last island to visit before their cruise would end. It sounded like so much fun to her. She was telling her friends about it at dinner one evening. They had all dressed up and pirates were the last thing on their minds, but not on Nora's.


"Now listen, guys, when we get on land tomorrow I think we should go see some of these old hotels and things that I have read about. They say that one of them is the original hotel that was built by an old pirate. Her name was Kathleen. Of course, it has all been updated, but I would love to see it. You would love it, I just know you would. This is a chance in a lifetime. History, girls, history!" They groaned but they finally agreed that they would at least go look around.


They did like the beach there and the beautiful flowers and even some interesting little critters that they had never seen before. All of a sudden she heard a scream! "Get that thing away from me! Get it away! It's going to crawl on my foot!"


Oh they all laughed at her. "Such an interesting little trip this is going to be," thought Nora.

Oh Nora, if you only knew just how interesting it was going to be.

Bonnie and her friends had already checked into their condo on the island. "I can't believe how beautiful this place is. We sure got a deal on this vacation. I can't wait to get my swimsuit on and go to the beach. I have had enough winter to last me a lifetime. Of course, I say that every year. I do like the season changes. I had better do some unpacking first. I think that I will hang my clothes in this closet. Oh my, ten days of pure heaven on earth."
As Bonnie was hanging her clothes in the closet she saw the pamphlet that the old man had given her at the airport. She took it out of her pocket and started to read it when she felt the need to seek out a trunk in the condo. "This is weird. I know nothing about a trunk. I have had me the strangest dreams ever since that old man gave me this piece of paper. I'm getting rid of it." With that she threw it in the small trash basket by her bed and continued hanging up her clothes.

If you would have been close by you could hear her mutter, "Sea biscuits and cackleberries, it be the end of me yet, all this talk of pirates, Arrghh, be off with ye or walk the plank!"


She quickly picked up her cocked three corner hat and made her way to the beach to find Lady Kathleen. "It is time to settle a few things. Where oh where, did she put me trunk? No matter; I will find me cousin, the Lady Kathleen."

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to Mexico, but oh my goodness! Pirates on the beach? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pirates are a real thing in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that I only heard of them at the parade in Tampa.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...