Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The Old Pirate Had Been Searching For Years...

The old man said, "Wait here, lad. I need to go to my boat. I think you might like to look at some pictures I have. Will you wait for me?" Justin nodded his head. He could see his dad smiling at him.
While the old man was gone, Justin's dad said, "Why don't you come over here? We can see the parade better." Justin started to tell him about the old man coming back but got distracted and enjoyed all of the fun and great food.


When the old man got back to his boat he searched and searched and finally found what he was looking for. "There you be. I have had these old photos for years. You can hardly tell the likeness if you didn't know for sure, but I think that lad is the long lost grandson of mine that I have been searching for." He put the precious photos in his pocket and walked the long walk back to where he had left Justin. But he was no where to be found. Neither was his dad. "I had a feeling that I took too long. Well, sea biscuits and cackle berries. I'll never be able to find them now in this crowd. But maybe if I hang around the parade area I'll see them again. I certainly hope so. I have so much to tell him."

Of course, Santa and Peanut knew where the two were. They were fine, but completely lost to the old man who would never see them again.


After hours of searching the old bearded man got in his boat and took off for the enchanted island of his ancestors. He needed a rest and some sunshine. Today was just too much heartache. He had been searching for years. This was the closest he had ever come to finding him. In the distance he could hear thunder and it seemed that the wind had picked up. " I guess I had better batten down the hatches. It sounds like a doozy of a storm is on its way."
 Then the old man lay down to rest and let the storm take him and his boat where it may.

Lucky and his humans were almost there. They were going to Florida. "I just love to travel. They say we are going to a parade that has pirates in it. Sounds fun to me. I wonder if anyone we know will be there."


Chata's human had flown clear across the country to see the Gasparilla Parade. The people that dress up like pirates are fun loving for sure, but they also are a very giving and caring group of folks that give their money and time to sick children and many other good and deserving people. She wanted to see for herself what it was all about. After she got there she missed Chata so terribly that she decided to FaceTime her so they could talk. She told her little dog all about the parade. Chata had never heard of pirates before.


The crowds were so thick on the streets that no one noticed that three old old photos had fallen out of the old man's pocket as he returned to his boat. They were stepped on and scattered to the curb. Salt water was distorting the precious history of  Gordon, the Taylor House butler...

3 comments:

  1. In our own lives stories that need to be told have no ears to listen. Sad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it but so sad he couldn't find them .I hope he does see them again .

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...