Monday, July 13, 2020

Gracie And Marlee Join Forces

Marlee was slowly making her way to Colorado to question the leader of the ring of trash can thieves. She thinks that she may have thrown away Grandma Lu's stimulus check into Marleewood's trash can which was taken by a bad guy.  Marlee is also the volunteer chief of police in her Marleewood area. She is driving her big old Barber camper. Since she is getting close to her destination; Colorado, she has decided to change into her police uniform. She was going to stop at the gas station along the way to get some water when who does she see, but Gracie. "She's not old enough to drive. What is she doing out here? I guess I'm going to have to give her a ticket," she chuckled to herself.


 Grace has been hired by Grandma Lu as a private investigator to find her stimulus check. She has stopped for gas, but she thought that she was way ahead of Marlee and Kyler. When Marlee tells Gracie she is going to have to give her a ticket for driving without a license, Gracie laughs and says I'm not driving; my mom is. Besides that, I am on my way to find the guy that took Marleewood's trash can. I need to find Grandma Lu's stimulus check. She said she would pay me, but I'm not going to take her money when I find it. This is a fun trip. Spencer came along too. I wonder what happened to that check." Marlee said, "Boy me too. I sure hope that bad guy tells me what I need to know."


After some talking and putting their heads together the girls decided that they would join forces and get the thief to tell them where Grandma Lu's check was. It wouldn't be long before they would get there. They were already seeing people wearing cowboy hats. They could see mountains in the distance. Colorado was not far away.


Kyler was having a grand time at the Anderson Farm. He loved all the animals, but he told David that he needed to get going. He was looking for the missing check of Grandma Lu's. David said, "Is that the Grandma Lu that tells stories at Marleewood?" Kyler said, "Yup, that's her. I want to find it so she can have some extra money. I also want to hear another story. She hasn't told one for a long long time. Marleewood's been closed you know."
David said, "Yes, I know. I heard that. Well thanks for stopping. You are welcome here anytime."


As Kyler left he could hear a squirrel scolding from the trees. He just grinned and got back on the road. He loved the country. He sure did wish his big sister, Marlee, had come along on this trip. He missed her.


2 comments:

  1. That's Rocky Mountain State Park in the background. They are getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that check is so close but yet so far away! lol

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...