Friday, July 31, 2020

Marlee Says Grandma Lu Tells Stories All The Time

Grandma Lu had gone to Marleewood to open her mail. She found that folks had sent her several pictures for her photo album. She loved pictures. It seemed like each picture had not only a story but a memory that she treasured. As she was putting some in her book she noticed an old newspaper picture of her two oldest children; Melanie and Joey. "Oh they were so cute when they were little. They had great imaginations and lots of fun in those days," she thought to herself.


Grandma B came in with a big smile on her face. "Hey, what are you doing? Oh, that's an old newspaper clipping. Who are those kids?"
 Grandma Lu chuckled and said, "Well, hello to you too! Did you bring some snacks? Those kids are my two oldest ones about 50 years ago. Cute, weren't they? Yes, all grown up now with their own children and Joe even has grandchildren. Doesn't seem possible."

"Hey there, Miss Marlee! Is that a new sundress you are wearing? I like that! A story? It's been a long time since I've told a story what with the virus and Marleewood being closed and all. Well, I'll have to think. What do you think, B? Is it alright for children to start coming in or would you like me to tell a story on that video chat type thing. Whatever you call it."


Grandma B had brought in some cookies that Sonya had made and some drinks. "You never told me why your little ones were in the newspaper."


"Oh these are delicious. Sonya is so talented. Everytime I see a cake or cookie I think of her mom. I miss her a lot, but when I think of her I smile. You remember Bon Bon in my stories? We got stuck down in the tunnels in your little hometown in one of them.  We had such fun when we were young out on the farm. Bonnie was my cousin. I don't know which one of us got into the most mischief, probably her because I was a perfect child you know. You can tell just by looking at this old picture. I was such an angel. We both looked like our daddies."


Marlee heard her Grandma B choke on her coffee because she was laughing so hard. "Perfect? Yeah right. Tell me another story. One I can believe," she laughed. Marlee looked up at Grandma Lu and said,  "Are you telling a story now to my grandma? You tell stories all the time. Don't you have another one for kids? Please? I'll share one of Zeke's dog biscuits with you."


2 comments:

  1. I got to telling stories to my client last night until my throat got sore. I laughed and said, "I guess I am full of stories." Grandma Lu starts a new one on Monday

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...