Wednesday, December 16, 2020

A Wink And All Was Well

 Witch Stella was getting up in years. She said to herself, "I just might be getting too old for this witching work. I have been here in this same old timber for two hundred years. I made a mistake and it just might cost me my retirement. I made the wrong Addie a witch. Marleewood has three Addies. I can't keep up. I have to get ahold of that cat, Willow. It's all his fault. I saw another Addie having fun at her birthday party. I'll make her a witch and make the other Addie trimming a Christmas tree. Then I'll have Willow knock it down. She will get into trouble for sure! But what should I do with the first Addie? Oh I know....

What Witch Stella didn't know was that The Fairy Godmother had already gotten her undercover fairies on the job. They were going to put a stop to her evil spells.


Everyone at Marleewood was having such a good time. Some of them had decided to make gingerbread and cookie houses and have a contest. Willow had sneaked inside and decided that this activity was right up his alley; not that he was an alley cat...
He watched and watched the grownups making and completing their projects. He jumped up and sat ever so quietly sitting by their finished work to see what mischief he could do with those children. They looked like they were having way too much fun. He had orders from Witch Stella to ruin it. Of course, the poor cat didn't know he was going to get fired from head cat to a poor stray kitten in the cold cold north no matter what he did from here on out. That's the bad witch for you.



Willow saw his chance to have some fun. He watched the little boys put the last letter of Marleewood on their gingerbread house. They were so proud. He just couldn't have that! In just a second Joshua and Liam let out a hoop and a holler! "We are in the gingerbread house! Help, mama, help!"
Other folks making gingerbread houses were surprised too! One grandma said, "Hang on! Little One. I think there is a Grinch at this party." Oh my goodness, what did Willow do? Or was it Willow's fault at all?



Kaydence would have helped, but she was already on her way down the secret tunnel to help Addie get down and out of her witch outfit. Her family was waiting for her to do family pictures. Oh she was so happy to do that. She would think of a different costume for Halloween next year, that's for sure!


The little wood nymph had to get to Whitlee Jo. She had to tell her about so many things that were happening on the mini farm and about Grandma Lu. She had to find her fast so she changed into her regular clothes and found her in the dining room with some of her other friends. She took one look and thought, "Ha! Santa has things under control. I should have known. I will talk to Whitlee after the party." With that she winked at the old man and sat down with her friends to have some fun.


3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! Marlee thought all was well when she saw Santa peeking in the window, but how about Grandma Lu? We haven't heard a word about her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is hiding from that cat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no what did they do with Grandma Lu ?

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...