Monday, December 21, 2020

Marlee Breaks The News To Whitlee Jo

 Grandma Lu's party had been a success, if not for too many people, and too many cats, the folks at Marleewood had shared something very special. A friendship that would last for years to come. They talked and laughed and played games, ate ice cream they had made themselves and ate
lots of good food. They stayed at Marleewood long into the evening, some after the Grandmas had left. The weather was beautiful and they had been cooped up in their homes far too long because of the dreaded virus that had caused so much illness around the world.

Family after family eventually took their tired children home for a much needed rest for the night.

Charlie had enjoyed her visit with her Grandma whom she called Nanny. Nanny had told her stories about her family and one especially about her great Aunt Charlotte. Charlie went to sleep thinking about the lady that she had never seen or heard of before. She would have loved to have known her...


Marlee had enough time to talk to Whitlee Jo and tell her all about Grandma Lu.
Marlee was surprised to find out that Whitlee knew all about Grandma Lu because she had come to know her last Christmas when she had lost her shoes. She had visited her in her sleep and told her not to worry. She said that she would spread the word and get her a pair for Christmas. She had told her that she personally knew Santa and she knew that he would help her and he did. Whitlee said, "So I know she believes in Santa and that kind of stuff."


Marlee said, "That's cool, but I need to tell you about my fairy wings. It's all Grandma Lu's doing. People and kids think she just tells stories at Marleewood, but that's just the beginning. She believes in magic. Look at me. I have wings! Nobody else has wings. She started this stuff over two years ago just about your age. She told Grandma B that I looked like I would like to go on adventures. She has had me on one adventure after another. It has been really fun, but I am telling you this because you are next. The way Grandma Lu was acting at the party today I think it's going to happen pretty soon. I've got your back, but if I were you I would stay away from the timber, just sayin.'"


Marlee was right because the timber was just buzzing with all that was happening this holiday season.

8 comments:

  1. A little taste of what is coming up next, plus one more story of the timber creatures. They do have fun at Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these stories. Charlie is coming today and I get to read these to her..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how much fun! Thank you so much. She will have fun I hope

      Delete
  3. I love the fairy stories. We need a whole lot of fun and make believe now adays! Merry Christmas to all the readers, members, children and especially you Gma Lu for giving us memories to keep for life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do. Make believe is a safe and fun escape for a few minutes from the crazy world we are living in at this time. Merry Christmas to you as well. Love you bunches.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas to you Gradma Lu.I also ❤ _our stories and love to share them with my friend. God bless you .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Nancy. You have always been such a great supporter. Thanks to you and the spaghetti series we have renewed a friendship between Fran and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have and back then it was so much fun I wish we all could just go back to those days where we all got along . At least in my childhood eyes we all got along. Fort Devers was just an Army base for military training incase of a war.

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...