Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Charlotte And The Elderly Uncle Go To The Library

After Spencer left the cafe he went home and discovered that his sister and her new baby were visiting. He just loved being an uncle and now he had a new little niece to cuddle and protect. When he tiptoed into the bedroom there she was sound asleep. He kind of grinned to himself and thought, "I kinda like her. She's so little and cute." It seemed like no time when Lani woke up and was able to snuggle for a bit with her Uncle Spencer. It was so much fun. While he was holding the tiny baby he thought about his new friend at the cafe. He really would like to play basketball again. Hopefully this bad sickness would go away so he could go back to play with the other kids. It seemed like it took forever though so he guessed he would have to do something at home that he enjoyed. He loved YouTube and thought maybe someday he would like to help other people make videos and give them tips on how to do better and get better scores. He also had another idea in mind, but that might take some doing.


After dinner that evening, Charlotte told her elderly uncle about her new friendship with Spencer. She said, "Do you know anything about Special Olympics? I haven't heard about them until today when I was talking to Spencer. He said they have lots of things to do. Are they like the Olympics that happen in the summer and winter? Don't they happen every four years or something? I don't know much about them at all. I know when I was in school they had different sports. They had track meets, basketball games, and football games that schools would compete against each other. The only Olympics I know about are the Olympics that are played by grownups in the summer and winter time.

Charlotte's elderly uncle said, "Well, I'll tell you what let's get ourselves to the library in the next few days. I know the librarian there. She actually sent me a Christmas card with Santa on it. I may have thrown it away. I didn't believe in Christmas and all the joy it brings to children and most adults back then. I'll have to see if I still have it. I'm sure she will help us find some books or pamphlets telling about those Special Olympics."



"I do know this much it was started by a sister of one of  our presidents almost sixty years ago. His name was John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Lots of us called him JFK for short. Let's make a date after you get off work this week. I'll take you and a friend or two to the library and then afterwards maybe we can find something fun to do. How's that sound?"

What Charlotte and her elderly uncle didn't know was that Charlotte's guardian angel had stopped off at Marleewood on her way to retirement. She had brought her apprentice angel who was in training with her. Marleewood was just down the street from the library.  Grandma Lu was getting ready to tell a story. People that knew her well knew that because she was going through her old photo albums.


2 comments:

  1. Well we are getting back to Humansville now. The next story will be at Marleewood with two angels looking on

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww so sweet. Hope Spencer gets to go to the special Olympics.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...