Monday, January 18, 2021

Do Angels Ever Want To Retire?

 The nice lady that owned the diner that Charlotte worked at was getting tired. Her business had been booming since her new waitress came to work for her. Suddenly there were moms with their children, and their children's friends and families. There were even some basketball and baseball players that stopped by for a cold drink or a sandwich. "I'm happy I have so much business, but I'm getting tired of working. I'd like to retire someday." She often thought of the old man that lived in the huge house on the edge of town. What was he thinking when he turned down his own niece's child and her children for a place to stay? She just couldn't understand someone like that. She had a mind to just go down there and give that old man a piece of her mind. "Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do right now."


The walk to the old uncle's house seemed to take forever. It seemed like the longer she walked the angrier she got. Suddenly she heard a soft whisper in her ear. "Take it easy my dear. You know you have been in charge of Charlotte even before she walked into your diner. I have sent some junior guardian angels to your diner and to the boarding house to watch over her and her children in the evenings as you know. The mean old man as you call him  actually used to be a very nice man until he decided that money was more important than friends and family. I think maybe you should invite him to eat at your diner and meet Charlotte. If all goes according to my plan you can retire and let the younger angels do the hard work. How does that sound?"
The nice lady happily agreed to the plan and did indeed visit the old man, but with a smile on her face. She told him she wanted him to have a nice meal at the diner and meet Charlotte. After a lot of convincing and blustering he agreed. The end result was the beginning of retirement for her and a new home for Charlotte and her children and also for two little girls that were running an ice cream stand just down the street.


Marlee and her little sister Whitlee Jo had seen a miracle take place at their little ice cream stand, however, the weather was getting cold and Christmas soon would be here. "Marlee said, "You know we have been blessed, Whitlee. We have enough money to buy food for our Christmas dinner tomorrow and a nice warm room to sleep in for a night or two. I have been noticing that a lot of people have been going into the diner down the street. Would you like to go there and have something to eat? Tonight is Christmas Eve so it will be our special treat. What do you think, okay?"Whitlee agreed only if they could take their dog, LaRue with them. Their trip down the street resulted to a very unexpected and wonderful meal and the beginning of a new life.

                                                                       *********

"Oh oh, I just had a feeling there was going to be trouble tonight, said Santa. I've just gotten a message from my transportation secretary. Rudolph's nose isn't shining. I have no other reindeer with a nose so bright to guide my sleigh tonight. The weather man said it's going to be foggy out there. I just have to go, Dear. I'll let you know what's happening. Hopefully, I will find another reindeer to fill in for Rudolf. I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to find one. Wish me luck! I could use one of those magic rubies right about now," he chuckled as he went out the door.

3 comments:

  1. I think my angel is getting really tired! I wonder what is happening at the North Pole? I think it is sometimes so very hard to smile at folks. I have often said, God must be proud of me because I have tooth marks in my tongue from holding it. lol Thanks to Pat and Rex for participating in my stories. You are both such good sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I think we all have teeth marks from time to time. lol But your stories always bring the smile back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we all have a great smile on our faces after reading your stories 😀.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...