Friday, May 21, 2021

The Enchanted Forest: Lightfoot

 The night that Lightfoot was born was a happy night for the wicked witch in the Enchanted Forest. She cackled with glee while she watched the little pony bite the farmer. "Oh little one, you will be my servant! You will bite and nip and buck your way through life and have a grand time. You will make the farmer angry and his sweet little daughter cry. Oh this is the best day of my life!"

The farmer yelled, "Ouch! You needn't bite me little one. I will be the one to continue to feed you when your mama is finished. I will provide shelter for you when Mother Nature makes the rain and the snow come. I will give you the loving care of my daughter, Charlie. She loves animals. She will be so happy to see you in the morning. I will call you Lightfoot because you are so tiny and have little feet and will someday be able to run really fast. I'm sure we will be good friends."

The Principal and the Student teacher of the Good Witch School watched Lightfoot as he grew. They had an idea. He had no friends in the forest. When anyone came near him to pet him or feed him, he continued his naughty ways of biting and bucking. He spent his life alone just because of his bad behavior. Lightfoot started to feel very lonely. His birthday was coming soon and no one even talked about it; not even his own mama.

 The Wicked Witch continued to watch him through her crystal ball. She would laugh in glee when he was naughty. "Soon, little Lightfoot you will be mine. You will help me take what should be mine. We will succeed, Lightfoot. You and I will rule the forest. Not the king, not the princess, but you and I. We will live in the castle. You will have the best of grains and fruit to eat, I will have everything that should have been mine for years. Yes, we just have to wait a little while longer."


The castle grounds were ringing with little girls' laughter! Oh what fun they were having. Charlie and Princess Marlee were getting swan rides. The swans were trained to circle the castle then land on the pond. The girls were having such fun. Everyone except Myla. Myla had whispered her wish to the first fish she caught three days ago. She was assured her wish would be granted because she was such a good little girl, but no one had invited her to the castle. She was very sad.

What Myla didn't know was that the Wicked Witch had snatched the invitation away from the special delivery person who was on his way to Myla's house. As Myla was walking through the forest she felt like someone was watching her. She looked behind her and there stood a little girl all dressed in sunflowers. "Hello! My name is Adalynn. I am a student at the Good Witch School. I am trying to pass some tests to get my complete good witch uniform. Are you sad? Is there something wrong? Maybe I could help you."

Myla said, "Well a few days ago I wished that I could go to the castle and have a swan ride with Princess Marlee. It's just something I've always wanted to do. I whispered my wish to my very first fish that I caught. It said that it would grant my wish because I always try to be good. But I haven't gotten an invitation. Can you help me get an invitation?"

Adalynn smiled and said, "I have an idea. Why don't you walk with me for a bit. I know a really nice lady. Her name is Moss.

2 comments:

  1. A lost piece of mail, a phone call that didn't come through can cause a person to be sad or cause hurt feelings, but in this case a wicked witch was the root of poor Myla and Lighfoot being sad. What will Moss do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures fit absolutely perfectly. Loving this story but I love fantasy

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...