Friday, July 16, 2021

The Party

 Adalynn was so excited to have finally graduated from the Good Witch School. She had completely organized a party for Lightfoot for the final test. She had gone home and put on her new outfit. It fit perfectly. She picked up her broom and was going to the party when she thought, "No, I know some birds that would love to come to the party, but the Wicked Witch put a spell on them so they can't sing. I have to fix that before I head to the farm." It didn't take her long to make her way to the quiet tree stump and the quiet bird houses. She smiled and said, "Okay all you beauties, go ahead and sing all you want to. The Wicked Witch is no more. She is a beautiful girl once again."


"Now you little yellow kitten, you leave those birds alone and keep me company. You can come to the party too. Everyone is invited to Lightfoot's birthday party."





The forest was such a happy place once again. Birds were chirping and singing and flying and swooping above her head anxious to go to the party. There was one little guy that wasn't happy though. He was trying really hard to sing. He practiced and practiced, but his voice sounded like "ribbit" instead of happy. Adalynn didn't miss a beat. She walked over to him and said, "I will carry you to the party, Freddy. It doesn't matter how wonderful you sing, it just matters that you sing and are happy. Lightfoot will be so happy that you came to his party." Freddy was so excited he jumped right off his lily pad and insisted on hopping along the path to the farmer's home.


By the time Adalynn and Freddie arrived at the party they realized that they were late! "Oh dear, oh dear. We are late Freddie. People have already started eating cake and ice cream. I know that little girl. Her name is Kylee. She doesn't look very well. Let's go over there and see if she is sick."


As Adalynn got closer she realized what the problem was. Kylee had taken a bite of Lightfoot's cake and not the cupcakes that Arieanna had made for the humans. "Oh Kylee! No! That is Lightfoot's cake." She couldn't help but chuckle. "It has oats and honey in it. Arie has a cupcake for you. Other people have made cupcakes too. Let's go over there and get you one. I'm sure they will taste much much better."


Adalynn couldn't believe how many people were at the party. She was so pleased.




Arie had stopped to pick some flowers for the party. There were others that had brought food and flowers as well.


At long last it was time for Lightfoot to open his gifts and eat his cake. He was given a new pair of sunglasses and a party hat. Even the dog had come to the party. (Likely wanting a hand out he thought.) He was trying his very best to be a good little horse. He hadn't bucked or bitten anyone yet. After all it was his birthday and so many people had come to wish him well. 


Adalynn said, "Okay, before cake we have games to play! Here you go Lightfoot. See if you can break the pinata! It will be so much fun."


Everyone cheered him on until he broke the pinata and quickly ate his treats. Now it was time for cake. At least that little girl didn't eat all my cake. A horse never knows what's going to happen around here. Oh good. They fixed it. Candle and all. Cool. No! You can't have any of my cake, dog!"



"They call you Hotshot. Ha! I'll show you!" 
Adalynn ran over and said, "No no no, Lightfoot. You are going to be a good boy, remember? No biting, nipping or bucking. Show us all what a nice horse you are." 
Lightfoot put his head down and said, "I'm sorry. I'll try really hard, but he was going to eat my cake you know." Adalynn smiled and said, "Yes, I know, but sometimes we have to share with others."  A good friend came up to Lightfoot and said, "Happy birthday. I brought you an apple. "


Lightfoot whinnied and nodded his head with a little snort. He realized what a special gift that apple was. His friend loved apples. He swallowed hard, and thought to himself 'this is the best birthday I will ever have.' 

The sun was setting. Kylee was late getting home for supper. She had to hurry. She didn't want to get into trouble. As she ran past Marleewood she saw a little garden gnome. "Oh how cute you are. I wonder if you belong to Grandma Lu. She looked up and a lady said, "Hello, Kylee. I see you have found my little garden gnome. He seems to have fallen into something. He is all sticky. Oh my. I think it's ice cream. Thank you, Kylee. I need to clean him up. It seems like he is always getting into something. Trouble; that's what he is. Come on Winston. I wish you could tell me what you were doing to get ice cream all over you. I guess I will never know."
She turned towards the door and said, "Goodbye, Grandma Lu. Glad we had a chance to visit. I'm on my way home. Take care."


Faun had thrown her purse in the back seat and couldn't help but grin. "So Winston, you have been traveling again. Well, it's time to go home. I wish you could tell me all about your adventures, but I think for awhile when we get home we will rest and maybe learn something new. How would you like to learn how to knit?" she chuckled.
Winston grinned to himself and thought, "Little does she know. I've been watching her knit for years. I have a long enough scarf for another adventure someday maybe north, but she is right. I do need a rest. It's always fun to go on vacation, but even better to be going home."


2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed this series. A really big thank you to Sara Long and Faun Fees for the great pictures of the horses and of course, the beloved Winston. My neighbors once again find themselves in my stories with the tree stumps and bird houses. lol Loved using Marlee and Adalynn and all the other children in the stories. They were so cute. This was a fun series to write. The next one will be the complete opposite. We will be going to a dude ranch! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a cute series but we love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...