Friday, May 20, 2022

New Friends May Be Best Friends

 Carrie Belle had been rescued by the nicest lady. Her name was Allie. "I thought I was going to die for sure, but that nice lady got me all warm with soft blankets and nice food to eat. She seems to be a bit upset lately. I don't understand all of what is going on, but I noticed that she is going out to the barn with that new girl. I like the barn and there are always special things to eat there. The humans that take care of the horses are nice and give me treats. I like the horses even though they are so big if one stepped on me I'd be squished. There had been a lot of talk about a white horse that used to live at the Double D. Someone sold him and was later rescued by a ranch a long ways away. He was back at the Double D now. She watched as the older lady and the little girl went over and talked to the horse. They called him Shadow so that must mean that he is the horse that's been rescued just like me. I think I'll walk over there and see what he has to say about his journey here. It would be fun to exchange stories. Hopefully we won't have to live like that  again. That was a scary time.

Carrie Belle watched the older lady and the little girl walk back to the house. She decided to go visit that big white horse to see if he would talk to her. She had learned some equine language when she lived with her mother. There were horses on that beautiful farm. Oh how she missed her home and her mother. It was so beautiful. She crouched in the tall grass thinking that no one saw her. She ran over to the fence and sat as tall as she could so that the horse named Shadow could hear her tiny voice. It didn't take her long to find out who the culprit was with dumping the animals on the ranch. The same person that sold Shadow to a man that didn't take care of his animals and certainly didn't feed them enough of the right food.

 She had all the information she needed, but she didn't know how to tell Belle. She knew that she was on her way to her Great Aunt Tillie's house. She needed to get there quickly, but that would mean that she would be on her own again. Someone might put her in one of those boxes and throw her in a ditch again. What should she do? She needed to help the nice lady that had saved her life. She needed to help all the animals that were being dumped there. Could she travel that far? No. She might get lost and never find her way back. She couldn't do it. What did Shadow tell her? Oh yes, "It's okay to be afraid, but remember just how strong you can be." She thought of the stories that her mama used to tell her of the feral cats and how strong they had to be. "Okay, I can do this. I must get started right away. Hopefully I will not lose my way."

Virginia looked over at Edward and said, "Did you get all that? Shadow is going to save this ranch once and for all." Edward said, "Yes, but I think this means I have to take the shape of a dog again, doesn't it?" 

Virginia grinned and said, "Well, you wanted a promotion. I have my hands full. We need to go our separate ways. Justin is about to hear some news that will not only rock his world, but if he doesn't handle it right it just might end his career."


Carrie Belle thought her little paws would never be the same. They really hadn't completely healed since her long journey which had ended at the Double D Ranch. She was on her way to deliver a message to Belle and her Great Aunt Tillie. She had definite news that would stop the dumping of animals. Shadow had listened to her and had told her what she had to do. She was so scared. "I'm so little. How can I handle a job this big and this important?' She felt a large warm breath on her neck. There was Shadow. "Crawl up on my back. I will take you to the farm where you need to be. You know, when you need help you need to ask for it. You didn't ask me to help, but I'm offering it. Will you let me help you?"


"Oh no! You can't leave the ranch. It will make that lady sad. She's been looking for you for a very long time. Her daughter is in the war and loves you very much. No. I must do this on my own, but thanks for offering. I'll be okay. I'll try to be careful not to get caught again. Bye, Shadow! You are a good friend. Hopefully I will be able to stop the dumping of animals and one day I'll see you again." With that she darted into the tall clump of clover and made her way to the pasture. It looked like the end of the world, but she could do it. She had to.
After traveling all night she was exhausted. She was so tired she didn't think she could walk another step, but she had made it to the farm without getting caught. The farm looked exactly how Belle had described it to her one evening. There were lots of flowers, a big barn and she could even see the secret entrance into the basement where she figured that the famous Great Aunt Tillie lived.  It was behind the bench covered with vines. She had to get in there, but she was so very tired. Maybe she would take a little rest first...

3 comments:

  1. When Marlee was little my stories always had a lesson. This one is very similar to those. Ask for help if you need it, but allways carry your own load and help others when you can. What is Shadow going to do? What does Josh know that Justin doesn't?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you always had a lesson in all your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Friday Mornin Miss Lu๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒžWith all the cats sounds like an army an we have a miniature army here as well!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿ˜I hope an wish Belle an all the others the best of luck on thier quest to stop the animal dumping!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒShadow is a beautiful horse an reminds me of Silver a horse my mother-n-law had may they both rest in peace!!!Still alot of unknown's at the Double D but the air is getting clearer!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒCant wait to hear what happens next an find out about the will!!!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”No more ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽaround!!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Its another๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒฌ๐ŸŒฌday so hold onto your hat!!! Also wanted too say your pics are great an some of the cats look like ours๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑimagine that!!!Have yourself a wonderful day an a beautiful weekend!!!๐ŸŒž☕๐ŸŒž☕๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒน

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...