Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Baxter Had A Close Call

Baxter had decided that he was going to go home. He didn't like it on vacation. Mr. Brown had tried to warn him, but he wanted to see the world. He had gotten as far as Grandma B's farm. There were dogs, and a little short girl, and a Grandma Lady. There were horses, and donkeys and bugs!
"I don't like bugs, Baxter said to himself, I like clovers and sweet tasting vegetables in Grandma Lu's garden. I like my big old tree with my nice soft bed in it. I want to go back to Grandma Lu's house where my mama and daddy bunny are."
Hop, hop, hop went Baxter. He was so happy, he didn't see any donkeys or horses or dogs. "Thank goodness, I'm going to be home soon.
Baxter looked around and found the way back to Grandma Lu's house. He had to hop right by that Grandma lady's house. He knew the dogs were in the house so he thought it would be safe to hop right by the house. He thought he would be home before it was bedtime.
"Oh what a cute little bunny rabbit, said Grandma B. He looks just like the bunnies that Grandma Lu has at her house. I wonder why he is here at my house."
Baxter was shivering in his fur, he wanted to go home!
Grandma B picked him up and carried him to the edge of the field. It was the way to go home to Grandma Lu's house. Yay! Baxter was so happy. Oh, what a nice lady that Grandma lady turned out to be.
"Now if I can just get home without any more stops I will be home for a nice meal of carrots before I go to bed. I am so tired."
Then Baxter saw it: a bug!
                                        ***************
Baxter's next story will be when Marlee and the bug meet them on Marlee's next walk with Grandma B.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...