Thursday, April 26, 2018

Marlee, The Bug, and Baxter

Baxter, the rabbit, was hopping his way home to Grandma Lu's house when he saw a bug! Baxter did not like bugs. They had too many legs. They were green and they hopped faster than he did. Bugs scared Baxter. Baxter began to shake in his fur. "Oh, oh, what shall I do, thought Baxter. That bug can hop faster than I can. Oh, dear, oh dear, what shall I do." Baxter sat very still and remembered


something. His mama rabbit once told him that if he ever was scared to sit very still and try not to move. Then whatever scared him would go away. Baxter sat very still and waited. Baxter didn't even wiggle his nose. That was so hard for him to do.
"Oh no, here comes that little girl and that Grandma Lady. Now I have a bug, a little girl and a Grandma Lady. What would my mama rabbit tell me to do now?"

Baxter couldn't believe his eyes. Grandma Lady was smiling! She wasn't scared of that green bug, she was smiling! And that little girl, she was reaching out to touch it. Oh no, that bug could hurt her. That bug smiled at that little girl. "What would my mama rabbit tell me to do now?"  Baxter didn't have long to think because that little girl that the Grandma Lady called Marlee walked right by that green bug. "Well, thought Baxter, maybe that's what I will do too." So that's what Baxter did, he just hopped away and the bug kept munching on the grass and didn't even look at Baxter.
Baxter decided that his mama rabbit was right. A rabbit just has to watch and listen and keep right on hopping and everything will be alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...