Monday, June 4, 2018

Marlee Is A Good Friend

A while back, Marlee and Stashia, ( Grandma B's wrinkly dog) called a truce and became friends. Marlee needed a friend. She found a good one in Stashia. Today Stashia needed a friend.
Stashia walked around the porch with her head down. She walked really slow and looked sad. She always looked sad because of her wrinkles, but today was a really bad day.

Marlee came out to the porch and laid her head on Stashia's back.  Marlee loved Stashia.  Marlee asked Stashia why she looked so sad. The conversation went like this:
"Well little short person, it's like this. I have just had it!! Grandma B just doesn't love me any more. You will never believe what she did." Well Marlee was shocked to hear Stashia say that. She knew that Grandma B loved Stashia.
"Stashia, how can you say that? You know Grandma B loves you, just like she loves me."
"You have no idea what she has done, little short person. She hung a bird feeder in the tree right outside my window. You know, I can tolerate birds, but something terrible happened this morning. I just won't stand for it. I just have to run away from home."

Well, Marlee got upset. She didn't want Stashia to run away from Grandma B's house. Stashia was her friend. When Grandma B got strange ideas about her sitting on that ugly green chair, Stashia had listened to her and told her it would be alright. She was right. It was ok now.
"You just have to accept that Grandma B is getting up there and has some strange ideas sometimes, Stashia. Besides that, where would you go? You have no food to take with you, you have no bed that you could carry with you. You especially don't have any snacks to take with you. You would be hungry and tired. Oh, please don't run away. Tell me what happened and I will help you. That's what friends do, they help each other."
Stashia's face got more and more wrinkled. Finally she told Marlee what had happened.
"This morning after Grandma B hung up that bird feeder in the tree right outside my window a squirrel started eating the bird feed right out of the net that Grandma B put stuff in for the birds to eat. You know that I just have to chase squirrels. It's just something that I have no control over. I have to chase squirrels. Remember what happened the last time I saw a squirrel? Grandma B was gone and I saw a squirrel. Well, I admit I got a little carried away, but I just couldn't help it! The curtains got knocked down, and the curtain rod and the lamp. Stuff just happens sometimes when I can't go outside and chase those things. When I saw that squirrel this morning. I knew I had to chase it. But Grandma B said, "Now Stashia, don't you dare knock down my curtains again. If you do, you will have to go to your bed and think about what you did wrong."
"See, short person, I don't have a choice, I have to run away."
Well, Marlee started to cry and said, "No, no, no! If you run away who will I have to tell my secrets to? Who will I pet and hug when I feel like it. Oh, Stashia, just stay here. We will come up with a plan. Between the two of us we should figure out something to do." Marlee thought and thought. Finally she came up with a plan. She went to Grandma B and took her hand and kept saying, "Come, come!" Grandma B went with Marlee and Marlee pointed to the bird feeder and said, "No, no, no. Down, down," Finally Grandma B understood. She looked at Marlee and then she saw Stashia and understood. When Grandma B looked out the window she saw the reason Marlee was saying 'down'. There was a squirrel on the bird feeder and of course, Stashia hates squirrels. "You got it, Stashia; down it comes."

9 comments:

  1. Friends are so important at any age. Marlee and Stashia are learning that friendship is a basis for lifelong memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valuable lesson about friendships. I love the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Virgie. I still remember my first furry friend.

      Delete
  3. Oh so true Stashia loves to chase the squirrels. Marlee and Stashia are best friends. I can relate to this story. Also shows how important friendship is. Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think you will see more and more friendship stories as time goes by.❤️

      Delete
  4. This is June 25, 2019. Marlee's story group has many new members and I thought we could all use another friendship story even if we have read it before. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what I would do without my friends. I would be very lonely.Good lesson today. Sometimes we take what our parents, grandparents wrong and think they don't love us anymore even if it's a doggie.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...