Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Marlee Has A New Friend

One day when Marlee was at Grandma B's house for a fun "over night" Stashia came walking over to her and laid her head in her lap. Marlee and Stashia have been good friends for awhile now. Marlee decided that she would tell Stashia about Kit. She knew this was not going to be a fun conversation because her doggie friend, Stashia, did not like cats at all! Cats were right up there with squirrels in Stashia's mind. She loved to bark at them and chase them as fast as she could run. The only cat she tolerated was Spaz, Grandma B's cat. She stayed out of her way and slept in her basket most of the time; no fun to chase or bark at. Marlee started to pet Stashia and made a decision to tell her about her friendship with Kit. She took a deep breath and told Stashia how much she loved her. Stashia stretched and mumbled, "I know, keep on petting me, please." Marlee kept on petting Stashia gently and said, "I have something to tell you and please don't get mad at me."

Stashia raised her head and grumpily said, "Ok, you woke me up, and you quit petting me, this had better be important."
"I have another friend, Stashia. I have a cat whose name is Kit. I know that you don't like cats very much, but Kit can talk too. I don't come to Grandma B's house every day and I need somebody to talk to every day, not just once a week. Kit lives with Mama and Daddy and me so I can talk to her just like I talk to you, but you will always be my special friend, okay?"

Marlee heard a very low deep sound that came from Stashia's throat. She was clearing her throat before she said, "I'm a lot older than you are Short Person. Over the years I have had lots of friends. We need friends to tell secrets to, jokes to and to laugh and cry with. One friend just wouldn't be enough for either one of us. Don't you dare tell Kit secrets that I tell you not to tell anyone else. A friend always keeps secrets, but friends love to tell other people all the fun things they do together. That's what it's all about, Short Person. It's called growing up. See how many friends that Grandma B has? They leave me alone and go places all the time. That's when I get into trouble sometimes, but don't you tell!"
Marlee told her special friend she would never tell secrets to her other friends. Marlee and Stashia leaned into each other and made a secret pact to be friends forever. Marlee reminded Stashia to not tell Grandma B that she ate Cheese Puffs before supper the other day that's why she didn't eat her supper very well. Stashia agreed that was a secret that she wouldn't tell.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to tell the truth, especially when it comes to a Cheese Puff little face!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...