Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Marlee's 'vention

One day when Marlee was at Grandma B's house she heard Grandma B talking in the kitchen. She went out there to see who she was talking to. She didn't see anybody in the kitchen, but this is what she heard B say, "Someday I'm going to invent something that all I have to do is flip a switch and I will be at the beach."
Marlee didn't have a clue what a "vention" was and she didn't know what a beach was, but it sounded very interesting. She stayed out of sight and listened to B talk to herself.
"I just don't think it would be so hard to make something that I could use to get out of here and go swimming."
Oh, Marlee didn't like the sound of that. She went to Grandma B and hugged her leg. She asked B what a 'vention was. It was hard for Grandma B to understand Marlee, but she finally got it. She gave Marlee a hug and said, "Oh, Marlee, I don't want to leave you. I just need a vacation for a few days; maybe this winter I will go."
" A beach is sandy place by a big big lake. It's called an ocean. Don't worry about it, I'm going to stay here and play with you today. How's that sound?"
Marlee was all happy again, but did talk to her friend Stashia about 'ventions.
Since Stashia was older she knew about inventions. She told Marlee that when humans have a special idea that nobody else has  thought of they go to work and make something that everybody can use and like.
Marlee thought about what Stashia said. "I wonder if I can make a 'vention. I want to go to a beautiful place in a great big huge bubble or cloud. I would be able to look down on all the trees and the lakes. I could even see Grandma B's horses and donkeys. Oh, I could even see her house. I would be high in the sky!"
The next day Grandma B showed Marlee a bubble machine that her friend had gotten Marlee. "Oh boy, the start of my 'vention", she thought. Stashia wandered around and around thinking, "Oh, dear, here she goes, she is going to do something that I won't like. I just know it!"
Sure enough, Marlee didn't pay any attention to what her daddy or mama or Grandma B said, she just waved her arms trying to get her 'vention to work so she could go high in the sky.
Do you think Marlee's 'vention got her high up in the sky?

2 comments:

  1. Don't think it worked. But I'm looking forward to the next story to see if it did?

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...