Saturday, June 9, 2018

Grandma B's Silly Little Game

Marlee and Stashia have become really good friends. Yes, they can actually talk to each other, but they also enjoy doing things together. Marlee and Stashia love Grandma B, but they seem to make fun of her every chance they get.
Stashia is kind of a grumpy old dog, but Marlee teases her and gets her happy. They tell each other secrets and of course, they eat each other's snacks. Once again, Grandma B does not want that and tells each of them not to eat each other's snacks.
 Marlee and Stashia whisper to each other and giggle (Marlee does) and Stashia has a low sound in her throat when she's happy.

This story happened just the other day when Marlee had an "over night" with Grandma B. As Marlee said the other day. Grandma B and her mama and daddy keep telling her how big she is getting, but they keep making her play baby games. It happened again. Marlee had just finished her lunch and Grandma B handed her a wash cloth so she could wash her face. See, she is getting big and can wash her own face. Then it happened, Grandma B said, "Marlee play peek-a-boo with me." Marlee made a grumpy face and then Grandma B got sad." B wanted Marlee to play just like a baby. Stashia was sitting by Marlee's highchair waiting for Marlee to drop something on the floor. She saw what was happening. She loved Grandma B and didn't want her to be sad. So she told Marlee, "Hey, B loves you, you be nice and play her silly games. That's what we do when we dogs love humans too. I don't always want her to scratch my belly, but I roll over and let her do it just to make her happy. I really don't always want to play fetch, but it makes her happy and makes me tired. But I do it anyway just 'cause I love her."
Marlee thought about what Stashia said, "Okay, Stashia, I think you are right. When B is happy she hugs me and we go treasure hunting and all kinds of fun things. When my Grandma B is happy so am I."
So Marlee played peek-a-boo with Grandma B and they were both happy.

3 comments:

  1. Marlee learned that when you love someone it is a give and take situation. She loves her Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just love your stories.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...