Monday, July 16, 2018

"B" Tells Grandma Lu She's Silly

One day Grandma Lu went out to her friend's Mini Farm to visit. They hadn't seen each other for awhile so they had a lot of catching up to do. They were in B's kitchen while she was getting things ready for coffee. It was a wonderful time of year to have coffee out on the porch.
Grandma B was telling her friend how Marlee and her big pup, Zoe, were getting along. "You just wouldn't believe how much Marlee is making up to Zoe. You know she is such a big dog. Marlee used to be scared of her, but not anymore. The other day I went out on the porch and there they were:  It looked just like they were true friends. She was laying her head on Zoe's back and talking with her."
Grandma Lu kind of frowned when she heard that. B asked what the frown was about. "Well, you know I have been out here several times when Marlee was visiting. I've seen Stashia and Marlee out on the porch and I would swear that they were whispering to each other just like humans would do."
Oh, Grandma B laughed, "You are so silly, Grandma Lu, dogs and little kids can't talk to each other. You must be getting old!"
Grandma Lu just shrugged her shoulders, smiled at her old friend and said, "Let's go out to the porch and watch your horses play while we have coffee." And so that's what they did.
The next time Marlee came to visit "B" had kind of a strange feeling. She noticed that Marlee and Zoe were once again playing, but there was something missing; Stashia. "Hmm, I wonder why Stashia isn't out here playing with Marlee and Zoe. I know that she is in the house. Well, "B" found Stashia laying on her couch looking oh so sad.
"What's the matter, Stashia? Why aren't you out
on the porch with Zoe and Marlee? They would love to have you play with them. Stashia just rolled her eyes, curled up on the couch, and turned her back on "B."
"B" called her friend on the phone and said, "Grandma Lu, I think you might be on to something. I think Stashia is feeling left out. She thinks that Marlee can only have one friend." Grandma Lu said, "I thought so, you know a lot of people are like that too. They think that their friends should be friends just with them and don't want to share."
"B" groaned and said, "Yes, I know. I guess it's time for a visit with Marlee to explain to her that friends, pets or humans need to feel included and not be left out. She also needs to know that friends can have their special time with each other also. I don't know if Marlee is old enough to talk to about this."
Grandma Lu said, "Oh, no she isn't. Just take the lead and have Stashia come out to the porch with them and all will be good. You can do it "B!"
Well, after Marlee went home to her house, "B" took both dogs outside and they had a visit. "I suppose you know I feel like a big goof ball, but Grandma Lu thinks you guys can talk to Marlee. If you can talk to Marlee I get it. You don't have to talk to me, but you need to listen and understand something. Marlee is just a little girl. She loves you both so much. You love her too. So, the next time she comes, don't feel hurt if she plays with one of you more than the other one. Okay?" Both dogs looked at each other and left Grandma B standing there all by herself and went for a walk to discuss this situation. "Good grief, thought Stashia, being a friend is so complicated sometimes. I like you Zoe, but quit eating my snacks and we will be good."
Zoe, said, "Okay," and that was that. Friendship is very simple if you let it be.

4 comments:

  1. So true. I have friends just like that. The pictures fit the story perfect. Once again great job Lu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story I enjoyed it so much .i talked to my dogs all the time they know what you are saying . I truly believe that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww love this story. I always talk to my fur babies !

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...