Saturday, August 18, 2018

Marlee Gets Help From Her Daddy

Marlee's daddy went to Grandma B's house to pick up his little girl to take her home. Did you know that Grandma B was his mama? He loves her to the moon and back. He found Grandma B and showed her the doll. She said, "Oh dear, I guess I got carried away and almost threw Marlee's Baby away. Good thing you came in the back door and saw that." She took the doll and went in to the bedroom where Marlee was sleeping and put it in the crib with her. Marlee did not wake up so they got a chance to visit. Marlee's daddy saw the old photo book on the floor and started to look at the pictures. He laughed and said, "I had no clue you still had these old pictures, Mom. They were fun times weren't they?"

 In the meantime Marlie and Smokey were having a time getting the Baby Carole Anne down the stairs. Suddenly there was a little girl that was dressed about the same way that those other people were at the bottom of the stairs. Only she had a beautiful dress and hat. Immediately Marlee thought, "Oh, I think I will ask my Mama to get me an outfit like she has on. Who are you and will you help us get Baby Carole Anne down the stairs?"
The little girl smiled and said, "Sure I will, I am family of Smokey's Charlie and my name is Talia. We were always taught to help our family when they need it." So the three of them did get the beautiful doll down the stairs.
Now they had to have a plan to get back home. For some reason Marlee and Smokey got a little mixed up. The map had a road written on it that said, "Road to Grandma B's house, but Marlee had dropped it and left it in the closet. She absolutely did not want to go back up stairs. It was too strange!
Well, the two of them looked around and saw a beautiful river and a whole lot of trees and a beautiful deer. Marlee said, "Oh look, there's the wilderness I went through on the way here. Isn't that the river that is right outside of town by Grandma B's house, Smokey?"
Smokey didn't think so. For some reason he had lost his direction also. That was strange because he was a very very smart dog. He could even add and subtract. He could open and close doors for Charlie and his kids. But he was lost!
Marlee's daddy heard her stirring in her new big girl bed and started to go get her....
He did go get her in Marlee's dream too. He was riding a horse, picked her up and took her right back to her Grandma B's house. Or was that just a picture also? Is the mystery solved? Let's see.

When Marlee woke up she was holding her Baby and her daddy and Grandma B were both smiling at her. Grandma B said, "Hello there, Marlee, did you have a good nap?" There was no way that Marlee could answer that question if she lived to be a hundred!
Then Grandma B said, "How would you like a snack before you go home to your house with your mama and daddy?" I think you all know the answer to that question. Marlee and Baby were right back where they started.


7 comments:

  1. This may not be the end to this little mystery. Marlee makes a discovery tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this whole story to my Grandson Sawyer yesterday. Talia was listening and before I got through the first episode, she said, I know where this is going. I said well you'll be surprised. So today when I read the final episode I'm sure she and Sawyer will be very surprised to see who showed up to help Marlee. Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so fun, Phyllis, however, make sure to check tomorrow!

      Delete
  3. Do final episodes really have to be final? lol Dreams can seem so real and what a smart dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No they don't B I have had the same dream many times and each time something new happens. (big grin) the website to learn more about Smokey is mrsfrenchie1.blogspot.com Lu's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...let me rephrase that. The next episode! LOL😃

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...