Monday, June 3, 2019

Lady Bonita Learns Shocking News

While Marlee, the little stowaway, was on the pirate ship there was an older woman in England whose name was Lady Bonita. She was the mother of Marlee's mother and would make her Marlee's grandmother. Lady Bonita was a very rich woman. She had been married to an English Duke at one time. After he passed away she became owner of many little farms that he had owned. Because there were so many farms her late husband had to hire what they used to call an overseer. He watched over the people as well as the farms' crops and animals. The people that lived on those farms paid rent to Lady Bonita. The overseer collected it and then gave the money to her businessman twice a year. Another one of his jobs was to tell her the news on the farms and any problems or if any of the farmers or their families were ill.
Lady Bonita was always glad to see him because she was a very lonely lady. She had no family and few friends. Her daughter had married a man she didn't approve of and had moved far away. At one time she had heard that she had been ill and had passed on.
So when her overseer came to see her today she smiled. She was happy to see him. Little did she know the news he would tell her would change her life forever.
"Geoffrey! Come in come in. Tell me the news. Is everyone doing well? Is anyone ill? How are the crops doing?" She had many questions for him.
 "Madam, I do in fact have news for you. News that will be  a shock to you. Lady Bonita, you have a granddaughter. Her name is Marlee. She, as of this moment is on a pirate ship on her way to find treasures. When I was in town delivering the receipts to your businessman I was told of this. It seems that your late daughter dressed her as a boy so she could get a job on a ship. She has turned into a pirate, my lady. I am so sorry to have to break this news to you. I have more news, my Lady. The captain of this ship is Lady Kathleen, your arch enemy. It is being told that she too is all alone, but is planning on adopting your granddaughter and keeping her as her own. Her plans are not as yet known to the runners. However, it wouldn't surprise me if she held her for ransom and demanded gold for her safe keeping. I could assist you in the exchange for gold and the little lass if you like, My Lady."
Lady Bonita was indeed shocked. She had to think this over. She had a granddaughter. She couldn't believe it. "Oh, I must pay the gold to Kathleen, I could give my granddaughter a very good life. She could have everything she ever dreamed of. I will give Geoffrey the gold, but I will go to Kathleen's island myself on a different ship. I want to make sure that Geoffrey is telling me the truth."
Grandma Lu walked about the room and said aloud.  "Remember, Lady Kathleen was very lonely and wanted to adopt Marlee and make her very rich. I certainly hope that the overseer is not a trouble maker, but I do think that he just might be. I don't think that Geoffrey, the overseer, is a friend. I think that Geoffrey wants the gold for himself."
Grandma Lu picked up some papers and said, "Let's take a five minute break. I have some stickers for you. This is so much fun, isn't it? These are pirate tattoos that wash off. Have your grownups help you put them on your arms and then we will continue on with the story. You can all get up and stretch your legs and put on your pirate stickers. Get a drink if you want to. This story just might have an exciting ending!





6 comments:

  1. Isn't too bad that we can't trust everyone? Just a bit of trivia: Bonita is an English name which has only one meaning throughout all the search engines. Beautiful. This is true, our Grandma B is beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it !! I hope her grandmother can get her away from Katherine. She will be much happier with her real grandmother. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! I have missed you! I hope all is well.

      Delete
  3. awww love it. Your correct a wolf can put on sheeps clothing but he is still a wolf. Treasure those that have proven to be loyal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comments, Bonnie or should I now refer to you as Lady Bonita. lol You are so correct. I have a couple of situations going on like that right now with in my own world.

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...