Monday, July 22, 2019

Grandma B Thinks There Will Be Trouble In The Forest

Marlee and Grandma Lu were busy in the Community Room working on their book. Grandma B was there too offering suggestions and going through photos that everyone had given them to add to the Scrapbook of Propunzul.  They had gotten to the part where the wicked witch had taken the beautiful baby girl away from the sad parents. Remember Propunzul's daddy had taken lettuce from the witch's garden without asking so the witch had taken the baby away from them.
"The witch had taken the baby home with her and raised her well. She treated her just like a mom would have. She was growing into a beautiful little girl. She had blue eyes and golden hair. Her hair was growing very fast so the witch put her hair in braids. Propunzul's hair was beautiful, just like yours, Marlee," said Grandma Lu.


Marlee said, "Okay Grandma Lu, now get to the part about Freddie, the little dragon. Remember? That mean old witch turned him into rocks."
"Oh, that's right, Marlee. Well, you see Freddie's mama had pushed out her baby dragons from their nest just like mama birds do. When bird moms think their babies are ready to fly, they just push them out of the nest and away they go. They fly to the nearest tree. Well, Freddie wasn't quite so lucky. When his mom pushed him out of the nest. Boom! He didn't fly like he was supposed to. He fell down to the ground. When he landed he hurt his little wing and had to walk. Well, guess where he walked to? You are right! He walked right into that mean witch's yard. She looked out her window and said, "Aha! I will get you well, little dragon then you will fly me around. My old broomstick is about worn out. I will feed you full of food and your wing will get all better. You will grow big and strong and blow fire out of your mouth and scare people. I will be the Queen of the forest with you for my ride! Ha! I will wear flowers in my hair. Everyone will think I am beautiful."


 Grandma Lu was busy writing the story for Marlee. Grandma B was helping Marlee put the pictures in the book beside where Grandma Lu had written the words. Grandma Lu said, "Marlee, would you like to read this book someday?"  Marlee giggled and said, "I'm too little to read, but when I go to school I can read it. But it needs lots more pictures, don't you think?"


Grandma Lu chuckled and said, "Well, it certainly does. How are we doing over there, B? Have you got some more pictures to add?"
"Oh yes, we sure do. It's hard to choose which ones to add. Marlee, what do you think of this one? It's a picture of Propunzul when she was getting bigger. She is looking in the small window where the witch has put Freddie." Marlee agreed. So they put that picture in the book. They were keeping Grandma Lu really busy writing the story.

Grandma Lu said, "Marlee, are you thinking what I'm thinking? I think that Propunzul and Freddie are going to be friends someday. Marlee grinned and said, "Oh, I think so too. The witch isn't going to like that is she? Write that down, Grandma Lu!" They both laughed.

 Grandma B just shook her head and said, "I think there is going to be some trouble in the forest one of these days..."

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like that witch needs to be taken down a peg or two. Lol My mom used to say that a lot. Lol Oh the memories. I still have a paper book that my mom and I made together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that. You write the best stories Lu. I have been told to take it down a notch many times. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Bonnie, If I had a nickel for every time my mom told me that. Thanks. I love writing Marlee her stories.

      Delete
  3. Love your stories as always ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I'm so glad that you enjoy them.

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...