Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Marlee Wants A Baby Dragon On The Mini Farm

"I know what Prince Charming's idea was! He was going to see Freddie, wasn't he? I bet he is going to be Freddie's friend and he is going to rescue Propunzul. Have you got pictures, B? I think I know just how this story is going to end. Hurry, Grandma Lu. We need to get to the part where the witch gets gone!"
"Whoa! Slow down, Little One, I can't write as fast as you are talking. Okay, now what do you want me to write again? You want Prince Charming and Freddie to become friends. Okay, you and Grandma B find me some pictures. I will turn the page and start writing this while you are looking," said Grandma Lu.


"Here is an old picture of when she was just a kid. Do you want to use this one?", asked Marlee. "We probably should have put that one in sooner. What do you think? Shall we use it or throw it away?" Both Grandmas said, "No! Don't throw it away!" and then they laughed. It was time for a break. They had been working for about an hour. All three of them were getting silly.

"Is there more coffee and a cookie somewhere, B? I think Marlee and I could use a snack." Grandma B chuckled and said, "Seems to me like you are two of a kind; snackers." Grandma Lu and Marlee nodded their heads and walked out to the kitchen to see what there was to eat. When they got out to the kitchen, Grandma B said, "Marlee, I just love the picture you painted for Papa and me. Is it okay if I put it on the refrigerator for everyone to see? You did such a great job on it. As often as you and Grandma Lu get into this refrigerator you will get to see it a lot!" Oh how Marlee and Grandma Lu laughed. They didn't care. They wanted a snack.

Grandma B had started to decorate some cookies, but the two snackers said, "That's good enough. Let's eat them now. We are hungry from working hard."


Marlee was anxious to get back to the Scrapbook. So they went back into the Community Room. Grandma Lu started writing and had not told Marlee what she was writing about. Marlee didn't like that and told Grandma Lu that she needed to tell her what she was writing. "Well, Grandma Lu said, I am writing the part where Prince Charming goes to visit Freddie. We don't have any pictures of him where he isn't made out of rocks, do we?"
Grandma B had been going through some old magazines and said, "Yes, we do! Here's one a lady had sent to this magazine. Isn't he cute?" They all agreed that he would look cute in the Scrapbook, so Grandma B cut him out and helped Marlee put his picture in the book. "Aww, Marlee said, "He's so cute. Can we get one for the Mini Farm, B, please?" Then she giggled. They were having the best time making their Propunzul book.
If you listened very carefully you could hear Grandma B chuckle quietly, "Not in this lifetime, Marlee girl. Nope, not in this lifetime."




3 comments:

  1. Cutting pictures out from magazines is a wonderful way to teach very young children how to scrapbook and tell a story. Oh, the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true attended that is. lol. Marlee left with scissors she would try to recreate my curtains lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading these stories I miss my grandchildren can't wait for March to see a couple of them .

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...