Thursday, July 25, 2019

The Wicked Witch Catches Prince Charming

Marlee, Grandma B, and Grandma Lu were beginning to get excited. Their work was paying off. They had several pages finished in their Scrapbook about Propunzul and Freddie. They knew that Prince Charming had an idea. They decided that Prince Charming would go see Propunzul at night since the witch visited her during the day. He wanted to  meet the girl that sang such beautiful music. He loved music. When he was at home he played the piano. He thought maybe someday he would take Propunzul to his palace where he lived with his mother and father; the King and Queen. He just knew that they would love Propunzul. So he made plans to visit Propunzul that night. He took a nap in the afternoon so he wouldn't be so sleepy at night. He sure didn't want to fall asleep in the forest.


That evening Prince Charming walked deep into the forest to visit Propunzul. He called up to her, "Propunzul, lower down your hair for me." Soon beautiful golden hair came falling down to the ground. It didn't take Prince Charming long before he reached the window. When he climbed into the room where Propunzul was, she jumped and let out a little yell. She was expecting the witch. She was a little bit scared of Prince Charming. She had never seen anyone but the witch since the day that she was born.  Prince Charming said, "Oh, it's okay. I have been listening to your beautiful singing. I love music. May I visit you every night and sing with you? Maybe I can rescue you and take you to my parents' house. We live in a beautiful palace. I play the piano. You could sing and I could sing and play the piano too.

Pretty soon Propunzul began looking forward to Prince Charming's nightly visits. He was so much fun. They would sing with the birds and the little owl. They had room in the tower that could even dance a little bit.


Propunzul and Prince Charming didn't know that the wicked witch had been watching Prince Charming climb up to the window to visit Propunzul and sing. She called up to the window one day and said, "Propunzul, lower down your hair to me." Soon the beautiful golden hair was lowered to the ground. The wicked witch said, "I know that you have been dancing and singing with the young Prince Charming. You can no longer stay here." She cut off Propunzul's hair and tied it to a hook in the tower.

That night when Prince Charming called Propunzul to lower her hair it was the witch that lowered down the beautiful golden hair. Of course, Prince Charming 
didn't know that Propunzul was gone. So when he saw the witch he was so scared. The witch threw him out the window and sent him deep into the forest.


Prince Charming's fall had injured him. He couldn't walk or see very well. He got lost and couldn't find his way home, but he had a friend that heard and saw everything! Freddie! That's right. Freddie had indeed gotten bigger and stronger. He broke out of his place in the castle and flew over to Prince Charming. He said, "Get on my back. I will fly you to Propunzul. Then the two of you will be safe at your parents' palace."

Marlee said, "Grandma Lu, I was wondering when we were going to have Freddie save Prince Charming. Now everything is going to be alright."



Grandma Lu smiled and said, but Marlee, you forgot that the witch had turned Freddie into rocks. We have to have some more story and more pictures, right?"
"Oh yes, I forgot. Grandma B, do you have some more pictures? We are about done, but we have to have more pictures. Grandma Lu has a lot more writing to do. I feel sorry for Freddie. What is going to happen, Grandma Lu? Is that mean old lady witch going to catch Freddie helping the Prince? Oh, I just know that's what is going to happen, Is it? Is it?"

3 comments:

  1. I have Marlee talking like my little ones did when I told them a story. They usually attempted to end the story before I was finished. These little stories sure bring back memories of being a mom. I have had many jobs in my lifetime, but being a mom to small children was the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes being a mom is wonderful. However being a grandma is also,but the bust gift I have is my great granddaughter that is Marlee's age

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Marlee's age its always why? Why. So you hit the nail on the head. lol

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...