Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Grandma Lu Looks For A Job

While Grandma B was out in the kitchen at Marleewood she was thinking about her old friend, Grandma Lu. She didn't like the fact that she felt she didn't have a purpose. She did have a purpose in life. The children loved her stories, but many of them had started back to school; even little Myla had started Preschool. She had noticed that Grandma Lu had a picture of Caydon and Braxdon with Myla too. Grandma Lu was in the process of putting them in her Photo Album. "She sure does love those kids. I know she will miss them. I wonder if there is anything that might keep her busy this year."




Grandma Lu was shocked at how big Hunter had gotten just over the summer. "I'm sure he will love school this year. Goodness sakes, he is going to be in first grade this year. These children are growing up so fast," she thought.
"Oh my, there are Avery and Finnley. That Finnley, she likes to keep her treasures in a special backpack. She is prepared for any situation," she chuckled.



Grandma B had gone to school and had lived in or around Marlee's small hometown for many years. That meant that she knew many people. She had an idea. She and Marlee had volunteered at the school giving out school supplies and backpacks before school started. She knew some of the teachers. "Hmm, I wonder if Grandma Lu could be a substitute teacher. She told me one time that she had gone to college to be a Special Ed teacher, but I don't think she finished for that. I know she went to a couple of different colleges too. She worked in nursing homes as an Activity Director and Administrator for many many years. I don't know what the rules are. I think I will call some of my friends and see what they think."


While Grandma B was thinking of what she could do to keep Grandma Lu busy so that she wouldn't miss the children so much Grandma Lu had some ideas of her own. "You know old girl, I think you need a job. I wonder if they think I am too old to work at a job. I clean house, and I cook and do laundry, why couldn't I? Hmm, I just might look around and see if there is anything in the Help Wanted Ads in the newspaper."


And that is exactly what Grandma Lu did when she got home that day.


2 comments:

  1. If you want a job away from home, elders cannot be discriminated against. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Sabdy got her a job at the Hotel, Lots of elderly people have gone back to work for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...