Monday, November 25, 2019

Be Thankful For Best Friends

One day Grandma B was showing her friend, Grandma Lu some pictures of Marlee when she was sleeping in her big comfy bed. Marlee's first best friend, Stashia was all curled up beside her in one of the pictures. "My goodness they have been friends for a long time haven't they? I can remember some farm dogs that we had when I was a little girl, but I don't remember them staying for very long at a time. I was never a pet child. I can remember my mother chuckling when I told her one day that I didn't believe our outdoor cat liked me very much. I told her that every time she saw me she would run away.  She said, "Well, I wouldn't like you either. You keep carrying her around her neck." I think I was about three years old, but I can remember it. Our memories are either very good or we have heard the story so often it seems like we remember it."


Grandma B laughed and said, "I know what you mean. When I got our two little kittens Marlee did the same thing. It seemed like we had to constantly remind her not to carry them around like that. Oh, that was a crazy time on the mini farm. I had gotten the little mini goat, Ranger Rex too. So we had two little kittens and a little goat that just terrorized poor Stashia.



"Stashia has had to go through a lot hasn't she? Grandma Lu chuckled. I remember when you got Zoie. Oh dear. Zoe always thought that Marlee's adventures were cool and Stashia always had to go along with Marlee's crazy ideas just to watch over her."


" Remember the prospecting for gold and the hot air balloon mystery? That poor dog. Zoe encouraged her to do everything and Stashia always told Marlee,  'No you better not or you and I will get into trouble.' Marlee keeps her busy doesn't she?"

"I can remember Marlee doing her dance routine and Stashia was right beside her. She was so little then, wasn't she? And now Whitlee has come along."



"Stashia pretty much stays out of Whittlee's way. Just today she got into the snack basket and down it went onto the floor. Stashia was nowhere to be found."


Grandma B said, "Well, I am so very thankful that now that Whittlee Jo is a little bit older Marlee seems to like her so much better. But sometimes I wonder if they aren't already starting to make a pact to act really innocent when they get caught doing something they shouldn't. Look at this, Grandma Lu. What do you think? I think we are in for trouble in a couple of years. And poor Stashia....



Thankful for best friends.....

6 comments:

  1. I have portrayed Stastia as an old wrinkled dog, however, I think she is only about 4 years old. She was and is Marlee's best friend. I think the potty training was the funniest. They will continue to have many adventures together I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Marlee comes every week Stashia gets so excited. Maybe because she gets 10 treats instead of 1, maybe its because she gets the food that falls on the floor, or maybe because they really love each other. She loves the fact that Whitlee just dumps all the foid !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure a little of both. I have always loved putting Stashia in the stories.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! So very glad you are feeling betterđź’•

      Delete
    2. I am and I must say those are two beautiful young ladies right there. Grandma B you got your hands full for a long time. Lol

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...