Friday, November 22, 2019

Grandma Lu Is Ready To Tell A Story

When Marlee woke up from her nap Grandma B said, "Let's quick run into Marleewood. Grandma Lu called and said that she has a story that she would like to tell you. She just happened to think of it when she and her husband were out raking leaves. Want to go?"


Marlee hurried and got her boots on. She said, "It's been forever since I have seen Grandma Lu. Let's go."

While Marlee was getting herself ready to go Grandma B put together some snacks. "Heaven forbid I don't take my old friend some snacks," she chuckled.
When she walked through the living room with the snacks she noticed that Marlee had dropped her new capes that Cynthia Sue had made for her. "I bet Grandma Lu would love to see these. So she picked them up and put them in a sack to take along.
                                                 
When they drove into the Marleewood parking lot it was amazing how many people were there. There were folks doing yard work for them. "Oh how nice. Look Jordan is helping his parents burn those leaves so the grass will be pretty and green in the spring. I know Grandma Lu loves the flowers and our pretty lawn."


She thanked Jordan and then she and Marlee went in the back door. Oh it smelled so good. "Who's cooking and what is it?"
"It's me, Kylan. I'm making cookies. Is it alright if I take some home to my mom for a surprise?"
"Well, of course, it is. What a kind and wonderful thing to do." said Grandma B. "Have you seen Grandma Lu? She said that she was going to be here soon."
Kylan grinned and said, "She's in the sitting room. She already is eating a warm cookie. She was in here watching me bake. She said I did a very good job."
"She has a new story to tell. She said to tell you to come on in with a cup of coffee and a cold drink. She is going to start soon."



Grandma B and Marlee went into the sitting room. They each had a fresh cookie. Grandma Lu noticed that her friend, B, had a bag with her. She said, "What's in the bag? Something for me?"
Grandma B laughed and said, "No these are those capes that Cynthia Sue made Marlee. I thought you would like to see them."
"Oh, I certainly would. That's the story I was going to tell today. It's all about a peacock and a ladybug."
Marlee ran out of the room screaming. "No, no, no, not again!"

2 comments:

  1. I can remember asking my mama if I wasn't just so pretty when I was a little girl wearing a new dress. She said, Pretty is is pretty does. I never heard her say I was pretty until I was 36 and then I overheard her say to my husband "Isn't she just such a pretty girl." It was very important to her that I was not vain, I guess. A little too important. It is so very hard being a parent isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is. You want the child to love themselves, be confident but be humble, and kind, Hard to make a perfect balance. Raising a child is alot like baking.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...