Thursday, November 28, 2019

Grandma Lu And Marlee Discuss Thanksgiving

One day close to Thanksgiving Day Marlee asked Grandma Lu what she was thankful for. Grandma Lu kind of tipped her head to one side and thought a minute just like her daddy used to do. She said, "Well, there are so very many things that I am thankful for this year. It's really hard to say just one thing. Of course, like all moms are I am thankful that I got to be a mom of three children, but this year I am especially thankful for my health. Before you ever were born I was really sick. I couldn't sit in a regular chair, so my husband bought some really heavy chairs that they use in a nursing home. That's where people live that need help with things. They need really strong chairs that don't tip over. I have had to use these for many years, but now I am so much better those chairs are in storage and the chairs that belong to our table are back in the kitchen. Yes, I am so very thankful for my good health again."


"Well, what else are you thankful for Grandma Lu? I'm thankful we are going to have fun and eat a bunch of turkey and pies. Grandma B is making a great big roaster full of noodles the night before Thanksgiving, but she let me practice making them. It was so much fun, but I might have gotten some flour on my nose."



Grandma Lu chuckled and said, "Oh me too. I love to eat and have my family around me. My husband always laughs at me because I get flour all over the floor. We have something in common, Marlee. Oh, I know something I am thankful for that you will laugh at."
"What's that Grandma Lu?
I am thankful for my electric roaster."
"Why? I think everyone has one of those, don't they?"
"No, a lot of people don't, Marlee. Mine is really special though because it is almost as old as I am. My mama used to bake in it as well as her stove. She even baked angel food cakes in it. I use it every Thanksgiving to bake my turkey so I have an empty oven just for pies!"


Marlee laughed and said, "Grandma Lu, you like sweets just like me, don't you?"
Grandma Lu gave her a hug and said, "I sure do, Marlee. One other thing I'm thankful for is Marleewood and all of your friends and family that come to visit and listen to my stories. Happy Thanksgiving, Marlee."

                                                       
                                                       **********
And a very happy Thanksgiving to all of you who read and participate in my little stories. You all make me so very thankful to have shared Marlee's Adventures with you along the way.

3 comments:

  1. We love and live to read your little stories they are a part of my life. So you know something is wrong I'm not there in the morning lol Have a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in Marleewood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving we do have alot to be thankful for thats for sure

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...