Monday, December 2, 2019

Four Days After Thanksgiving

It was four days after Thanksgiving in 2019. Marlee came bounding into Marleewood looking for Grandma Lu. She tore into the Sitting Room and said, "Tadah!! Hi Grandma Lu. I have so much to tell you about our Thanksgiving Day yesterday. We had so much food you can't even believe it. We had turkey and dressing and pies and cakes and wow I can't even think of all of it."


"We had so much company. We even had more babies besides Whitlee Jo. The room my Grandma B rented was really big so I got to run amuck. That's what my mama said. I wasn't in very many pictures 'cause I was really busy."
People didn't even look at their phones very much. They seemed like they talked and laughed an awful lot. It was a pretty good day. I'm sure you will get some photos for your photo album."

"When we walked in Grandma B had the tables all decorated. It was the same place that we had my birthday party."
"Grandma B put pretend leaves on the table and some pumpkins. Then everyone had their pictures taken in one place but me cause I was busy."
I didn't even get to go visit Grandma B the day before 'cause she was baking. Some day I'm going to get big and bake too."




"My daddy was being silly and laid down on the floor. He's pretty fun. My mom got him to get off the floor and have his picture taken so you can see it."

My Grandma B's sister and her family was there and so was her mama, my nanny. That's what I call her. All of my B's kids were there too. I think you know my Uncle B and Uncle Anthony and their families."




"Whittly Jo got to have her picture taken with a pumpkin 'cause she was good. I was busy playing. She can't run as fast as I can."

"Grandma Lu will you tell me a story again? We have had so much company I can't even remember when you have told me a story. Do you know any Christmas stories? I think I have been a pretty good girl, so I think that Santa Claus will come. Does Santa come to your house? Does he go to everyone's house? I need to know all this stuff so I can tell Whittle Jo about it when she gets bigger."
Oh Grandma Lu laughed with her little friend. She was so  much fun and funny too. "Yes, I think I just might have a Christmas story or two. Let me think where to start....

6 comments:

  1. Another wonderful Thanksgiving family get together for Marlee and her family. Bonnie puts in so much work, but she says she loves to cook and bake so it is an act of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do live to cook and decorate for the family even if its just for 1 day. Warms my heart seeing everyone having a great time. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everyone had a great day . We had a very nice and quiet time I needed the rest. Sounds like Marlee was very busy running and playing .

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...