Friday, April 24, 2020

Marlee Belle Misses Her Father

When Marlee Belle woke up early the next morning she once again found a table full of her very favorite foods waiting for her. She especially loved rice and there was a full bowl waiting for her. Her eyes were red from crying herself to sleep the night before, but the rice did make her feel much better. She found her way to her room and dressed in a dress she found on her bed that fit her perfectly. Nothing made sense to her in this huge castle. She needed to talk to her father so she went in search for him.


As she searched the castle looking for her father she heard a rooster crow and a horse whinny. She ran down the steps and rushed outside. Her father's horse was gone. She was left all alone. She knew this day was coming, but she wished she could have said goodbye to her father one last time.


As she walked the garden she saw such beautiful flowers. There were all colors, shapes and sizes."Why did that mean old Beast have to punish my father and I when all he did was pick one rose for me. Look at all these beautiful flowers. He is just mean and that's all there is to it."
Marlee Belle stood for awhile and watched the beautiful swans swimming in the quiet little pool. Close by there was a deer munching on some of the beautiful yellow flowers that were close to where she was standing.




Marlee started to whisper to the beautiful deer and said, "Oh I so wish that you could talk to me. I want to go home so badly. Is that horrible Beast going to hurt me? I wish I knew what happened to my father. And as she talked the deer continued to munch the juicy new spring grass, but after a little while she raised her head and said, "I will tell you something, Beauty. Your father is fine. The Beast sent him home on a magic horse. He left this morning when the rooster sounded the alarm. You will never see him again, little one, but he is unharmed. Now you must enjoy your stay here. It will someday be all yours to enjoy."
Marlee cried, "But I don't want this castle. I don't want these flowers, all I want is to go home and be with my family and my pony.
She walked slowly back towards the castle and there was Max. He seemed to be waiting for her to give him a treat.


Marlee Belle was being watched from the castle window. "Mrs. Davy, please get Beauty something to eat. We must make her happy. After all, someday she will be my princess and live with me forever and ever."

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Marlee met her Prince Charming in real life? And lived happily ever after? I so wish that for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes in 20 years lol. Oh I can feel her sorrow in this story. I wish she realized the beast wasnt mean after all.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...