Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Grandma Lu's Photo Album Is Full Of Memories

Grandma B made a call to Grandma Lu. It was a video chat on their phones so that everyone could see each other while they visited. She assured Mrs. Jo Ann and Grandma B that she was fine. She said she thought that her lady was getting a little bit better and they were going to the beauty shop again.
Grandma B asked her friend if it was okay if Mrs. Jo Ann looked at her photo album. Grandma Lu said, "Well, of course, she can. Everything is dated and labeled so that you know who is who," she chuckled. "You may not know everyone, but that is alright. If you see some pictures that you can't figure out, B can help you with them."


After the ladies finished visiting on the phone Grandma B took Mrs. Jo Ann to the Quiet Room. "This room was designed by Grandma Lu. It is for one person only. The purpose is for folks to just be quiet and think and kind of regenerate after a long day or week. You know how it is." Mrs. Jo Ann nodded her head, but her eyes got big when she saw a huge photo album on a little table in the corner of the room. "This is Grandma Lu's photo album? I think she needs a new one, don't you?"


"No, this huge book is her late mother-in-law's Family Book. "There are things in here that aren't photos. There are invitations and wedding and graduation pictures. All kinds of things. Grandma Lu used to say that her mother-in-law said it was her life in a book. I can't even imagine having something like this."
"Well, if you want to sit for awhile and look you shall see that Grandma Lu has lots of friends and family that like to send her little remembrances of all of their fun times. She loves it and likes to share her photo album with others. I think I see it over there in the corner by the window. She likes to sit in her rocking chair and look through her pictures, but she also keeps an eye out the window for friends that might pass by.

Grandma B brought coffee and sat down with her friend and opened up the first page. "Oh, look! Here is Marlee when she is just about a year old. Fast asleep in her car seat. I used to take her shopping with me. She was such a good baby. It wasn't long after this picture was taken that Grandma Lu started writing little short stories about Marlee. We all had such fun sending her pictures to put in her stories too.
 I remember when I bought Marlee her first pair of chore boots. Oh my gosh she loved those boots. Let's see if Grandma Lu has a picture of those. I had a pair too. Her boots and a Ranger ride were the two most important things in her life at that time. Yes, of course, she had one. Look at that baby, wasn't she cute?"



"Oh look, Jo Ann, Grandma Lu put a note on this picture. I can remember this day. She and her husband had come out to the Mini Farm for a minute and Marlee and I had been out for a Ranger ride. She was so mad that I stopped the ride to visit with them. Funny the pictures that she has kept, isn't it?"


"Go ahead and look at the pictures. I am going out to get us a snack. I'll be right back."

5 comments:

  1. Oh the day Fran and I interrupted her Ranger ride was so funny. She wouldn't even talk to us. She had her purple bucket with her. Maybe she was looking for treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha we had done chores and she was having so much fun
    Wangur wide B Wangur Wide hahaha this brings me to that very day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I’m so very glad. She will have this to look at

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I told Bonnie I'm going to order this book for myself! lol I love looking at these pictures again

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...