Friday, May 29, 2020

The Ladies Could See Marlee Grow Right Before Their Eyes

While Grandma B went out to the back kitchen at Marleewood, Mrs. Jo Ann started looking at the pictures in Grandma Lu's photo album. "Oh my gosh. Just look at little Marlee. She was so precious. She has pictures of her doing such fun things. She started to laugh and said, "She's even wearing those chore boots to clean house." Grandma B smiled as she carried in a tray of snacks and said, "Oh let me see. Yes, I remember that picture too. I was baking cinnamon rolls that day. We were having lots of company and she wanted to help dust. She was so little, wasn't she? Oh, I'm telling you what. She never wanted to take those boots off. I had a terrible time getting them off of her to take a nap."


"Oh look at these. This was the first time I ever met Marlee. We were at the Emporium and it cost you a fortune. Remember she wanted Chapstick and ice cream and you name it. Such fun we had that day."
The ladies slowly one by one looked at the pictures and talked about them. They had decided to go to the back of the album and then go to the front to go in time sequence. When they did that they could see Marlee grow right before their eyes.

Look at these, Jo Ann. Marlee was so little, but she just loved to be outdoors. She would get me up in the morning to do chores and look for treasures. We decided that Marlee needed a treasure box and then it got bigger and more fun. I planted some of the treasures and Marlee would "find" them and get so excited. Grandma Lu often included lessons that Marlee learned like not putting things in her mouth that wasn't food. Look at those eyes, just daring me to take it away from her. She learned quickly though.


"Grandma Lu would put numbers and colors in the stories. I think Marlee understood some of them. She could count when she was just before a year and half old. Of course, she's my granddaughter so she is exceptionally smart you know." She and her friend laughed over their coffee and had a wonderful afternoon looking at the photos.

3 comments:

  1. Pictures bring memories back to life. I love looking at albums. I can spend hours and I have a feeling that's just what these ladies will be doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are writing this story such fun.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...