Monday, June 1, 2020

Grandma B Asks A Question Many Are Asking

Jo Ann and Bonnie were having a great time going through Grandma Lu's photo album. They were sitting in the Quiet Room, but they were anything but quiet! They were having such a good time looking at the pictures that she had saved. The words, "Remember when she..." were said over and over. The laughing and remembering Marlee's youngest years was such fun.

Jo Ann said, "Oh, look, Bonnie. I remember this so well. It was her very first tea party, then when she got older and had her birthday party a couple of years later she had a real tea party. Oh that was such fun. She was old enough to have such a good time with her ice cream shoppe I got her and was such a good girl.  Can we find any pictures of that?"
"I'm sure Grandma Lu saved some because I sent them to her. Let me page through this huge old book for a minute," said Grandma B.

"Yup, I knew she would save these. Look, Jo Ann she put them all in collages so she could look at all of them and not take up so much space in her album."

"That party was just beautiful, Bonnie. I wonder if the young folks will have photo albums or will they just save pictures to their phone. What else has she got in here?"
All Grandma B could do was laugh. "Oh my gosh, look at this! This was such a fun series that she wrote for Marlee. Look at my picture. I don't think she had to save this one," she laughed. Sandy gave Marlee that hat. I loved that series. Grandma Lu put pictures of her family and many many pictures of our family as well. Marlee learned lots of lessons one of which was to ask for help when you need it and to always value your family. They are life's real gold, not fancy houses and cars or the gold in an imaginary pot at the end of the rainbow."

Bonnie's phone was laying on the table. She said, "Look who's on the phone, Jo Ann. I knew she couldn't stand it knowing we were going through her photo album without her being here." She said, "Hey girl! How's it going out there? Oh my goodness! What in the world happened to your hair? Oh you poor thing! I feel bad that we are having so much fun looking at all of your pictures without you. We sure wish you were here with us, but we understand that your lady needs you. I bet you will be glad when the beauty shops open back up again won't you? I heard they will open up next week. Do you have your name on Dawna's list? Oh good."


"That's okay, we are going to try to get out there to see you just as soon as the shelter in place is over. This virus has taken the whole world by the tail. You take care. Yes, we will too. Bye."

"Look. She has her mother's rollers in her hair from the 1960's. She never could do her own hair. I used to tell her I'd lock up all her scissors if she ever cut her own hair again. Well, it looks to me like she might have done just that. We all need to get back to our normal routines, don't we? I wonder if our normal will ever happen." Jo Ann nodded in agreement. "Maybe not in our lifetime, Dear. Maybe not in our lifetime..."

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie did in fact threaten me about cutting my own hair! lol lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely did threaten you. bahahaha we have such great memories dont we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do hopefully we will make even more, my dear friend.

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...