Monday, June 8, 2020

Grandma Lu Comes To Marleewood Unannounced

Grandma B's whole body froze for just a second when she heard Grandma Lu's ringtone on her phone. "Oh, jeez, what shall I do? Shall I pretend that I didn't hear her call? She's my friend. I can't just ignore her. I guess I will answer it and just not tell her about the mess my dear granddaughters did to the Sitting Room and the so called Quiet Room. I think I can get everything back in order before she is ever able to come back to Marleewood."
She quickly answered the phone and said, "Hi, Girl. How is everything? How is your lady? Where am I? Well...you are? When? Oh... well...You are pulling into the parking lot at Marleewood? No, I mean, Oh... well, okay then. I'll come outside and...oh you are already inside? Oh....


Grandma Lu laughed when she saw the look on her friend's face. "What's the matter with you? You look like you've seen a ghost. I haven't been gone that long. So my dear, do you have coffee on and a snack for this old lady? It's been ages since I've been here. How is everyone? I have to get all caught up on the news. When the coffee gets done let's go into the Quiet Room where no one will disturb us. I'll put the sign up and we can just visit with no interruptions. Maybe we can get out my photo album and put some new pictures in it. I think I may have gotten some graduation notices and some invitations for drive through church and graduations too. I like to save those, you know. Most importantly though, I've been waiting for my Stimulus Check from the government. Did you get yours? Twelve hundred dollars will really help. The price of hamburger has tripled since the last time I went to the store. Mercy sakes, people are hoarding toilet paper and napkins and even Kleenex.  I'm thinking it may have come here because I'm here so much," she chuckled.
While Grandma B was thinking about how she was going to handle telling Grandma Lu what the girls did they heard a terrible crash. "Oh now what!" The ladies both got up to see what had happened when they heard Marlee say, "Oh look, Whit. There are pictures of me when I was little and when I'm big. There's a picture of when you were just born with Grandma and me. I didn't like you much then, but you're okay now."
 "There's some papers in here. I'll just throw those away. I don't think they belong in this book. This is just for pictures. I'm coming Daddy. I just have to finish cleaning up this mess. This big book fell down and there's stuff all over the place. Whit quit tearing stuff up! We're going to get into trouble."



2 comments:

  1. Oh oh, Marlee. I think you might be right. When you are three you think papers are boring and pictures are fun. It will be interesting to see what happens next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep GmanLubisngonna flip out!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...