Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Whitlee Jo Says, "More"

Grandma B and Grandma Lu went rushing into the Sitting Room. Things looked okay there except Grandma Lu did notice that her quilt on her rocking chair wasn't straight like she left it, but she wasn't concerned about it. The ladies went on their way to the Quiet Room which at this point wasn't quiet. There was Marlee and Whitlee and the biggest mess they had ever seen. Wow! From snacks to toys to pictures and papers and all kinds of books on the floor including Grandma Lu's Photo Album.


Marlee whispered to Whitlee, "See, I told you we were going to get into trouble. They have mad faces." About that time Grandma Lu burst out laughing and said, "You girls are the limit! Are you having a good time? Mercy on us. How would you like some help picking all these things up. You can help us put everything away. How does that sound?"

The girls were so surprised that they said, "Yay! Hi, Grandma Lu. We are sorry. We'll help." They got big hugs and they all started picking up and putting things away.
Some of the pictures had fallen out of the big book. "Look, B. Here is a picture of Marlee on her first job interview. Oh that was so funny. Stashia had to help her dress and sit appropriately like a lady. Remember this outfit? So cute. I remember that story. She didn't like to get up early to work at Mrs. Sandy's cafe. Remember her doing dishes? It was fun at your house, but not for a job. Wasn't there fairy dust in her necklace and a bite out of the peach cobbler?"


Why is Jo Ann's picture here with Marlee's? It's a beautiful picture of her and her dogs, Charlie and Zeta, but it doesn't belong with these of Marlee. This is strange; these are all pictures of me. Why are they here with all of these? They were in the back of the book because they were part of the personal pictures I have been saving over the years. Mercy, they are all falling out. Well, I guess I had better get busy and fix this. I have a lot of work to do here, I can see that. Do we have any tape here? I think the binding might be cracked a little bit. Don't worry, I can fix this."



Grandma B sighed, "I thought by alphabetizing them it would be easy for you to find them. L comes before M. Marlee said, "I know my ABC's, Grandma Lu." She grinned and gave her another hug, and said, "I know you do. You are such a smart little cookie." Whitlee Jo heard cookie and said, "More, cookie, yummm."


2 comments:

  1. Actually I checked and Whitlee cannot say cookie yet, but I thought it was cute to put in the story. However, getting back to the story, where is that stimulus check?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. That stimulus check takes alot off the pain of a mess away. lol

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...