Friday, June 12, 2020

Marlee Is Planning A Trip Out West

Grandma Lu was very busy in the Quiet Room attempting to repair her photo album. Marlee and her little sister, Whitlee, had been helping their Grandma B and had a few accidents along the way. There was an accidental dumping of the snack basket and then pictures had been falling out of the big album and probably a bit of ice cream may have stuck some of the pictures together. Grandma Lu loved the little girls and remembered her own children "helping" her and had just given them hugs and went to work. "Oh my, just look at B and I. Jo Ann and Marlee and her mama joined us for lunch at the pizza parlor that day. Once again she was so good. This is only one of two or three pictures of us together. I must be sure to save this one. Oops, just a little bit of ice cream makes really good glue, Marlee," she chuckled as she unstuck a picture of Jo Ann and Marlee on that same day.



Grandma Lu thought that she could hear Grandma B hollering at her son to take the girls home and grab the trash. She just grinned to herself. "Kids will be kids, no matter how old they are. Just gotta love them."


Grandma B had hollered to her son to take the girls home and to also take out the trash on his way. She was so disappointed that her helpfulness in organizing her friend's photo album had turned out to be a small disaster. The thing is, Grandma B didn't realize that she had caused the biggest disaster of all. Her son had emptied all the trash cans and emptied them into the dumpster out on the parking lot. Of course, the missing stimulus check that was sent to Grandma Lu just happened to be in one of those trash cans.

Marlee was now at home playing with her Barbie camper and planning a trip out west. She had everything that she needed. She had been out west before solving a mystery. She could remember it plain as day. "Oh that was a really fun time. I had a dog and a beautiful girl help me find my dolly. I wonder if I go back if I will have as much fun as I did the first time. Well, this time I will take Whitlee with me.

3 comments:

  1. You have to realize that garbage trucks make lots of trips along the way.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I can envision this digging threw the dumpster feet in the air all the sudden you scream "I GOT IT" LOL AS YOU COME UP WITH LETTUCE ON YOUR FACE. HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...