Monday, June 15, 2020

Where In The World Is Marleewood?

While Grandma Lu was trying to make sense out the "organization" and "helping" of Grandma B and her friend's two granddaughters, Marlee and Whitlee, a lady many many miles away was weeding a small flower bed that she had started for her sister. The flowers were doing so well because there had been a lot of rain and now sunshine; just a perfect combination for her begonias.


As she was humming to herself and doing her gardening she heard the big trash truck coming down her lane. She had recently changed companies and was very happy that it was arriving on time. She was glad because she had done a lot of house cleaning and had thrown a lot of things away that she didn't need anymore. "I need to do some more closet cleaning and throwing away when I get a few spare hours. It feels so good to get things done that are on my list and save money too. This new company is so much cheaper than my old one was. I was so smart to change companies when I saw the add on the internet," she chuckled to herself.



When the trash truck left she got up to stretch and noticed that the trash can wasn't hers. It was a different one. "Well, what on earth is this doing here? Where in the world is Marleewood?" She walked over and looked inside the little trash bucket. It wasn't even empty. Some trash bags and also some photos were stuck to the bottom of it. "Oh good grief, now what do I do? I wonder if some scam artist took advantage of me? I've heard that there are folks out there that aren't very nice. Doggone it, now I am going to have to call my old trash company and apologize and see if they won't come back out here. My bright idea ended up costing me money. The crooked guy is probably sitting in his comfortable living room counting my money."


 "I should have known better. It just seemed like such a good deal. The old saying is 'if it seems too good to be true it probably is.'  Oh now what in the world am I going to do about these pictures? I can't just throw them away. Oh good. I can see a label on the back. I wonder who Marlee and Whitlee are and where they live. Cute dog too. Well, I don't have time to worry about that now. I need to call 
and get my old trash service back."


3 comments:

  1. Scam artists are growing by the thousands in this day and age. I had no idea until I was searching for something and was amazed at how many scammers are out there. Good luck finding out who and where Marlee and Whitlee are. Where in the world is Marleewood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh love where this is heading. Mike is even in the story. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wonder why I save some of these old pictures. I love this of him with his birthday money last year. It fit just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...