Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Officer Weaver Is On Duty!

In Marlee's small hometown there was a volunteer police department mostly for looks only. Seldom was there any trouble there. Marleewood actually housed the only police car that was ever used and Marlee was the Chief of Police on days when she wasn't playing with Zeke or her little sister, Whitlee Jo. One day while she and Whitlee were planning their trip out west in her Barbie camper the special emergency phone rang out at the mini farm. Grandma B answered it and said, "Marlee, you had better quit playing with Zeke and get your uniform on. Someone stole our trash bucket at Marleewood. You need to help catch that crook!"


It had been a long time since Marlee had been on active duty. She quickly went into the bedroom and put on her uniform. "Officer Weaver on duty, Grandma B," she giggled. "I'm out to catch the bad guy. Oh can you play with Whit for me? I need to call the office and make sure the car is ready."


Grandma B started to laugh and said, "Marlee, you'd better put the rest of your uniform on if you want to be taken seriously."
Marlee looked down and started to laugh herself. She quickly ran in and put the rest of her uniform on and was soon ready to go catch the bad guy.


"Zeke, you play with Whitlee while I'm gone. We seem to have a crime spree in town. Some bad guy stole our trash can. Now my walkie talkie is blowing up with squawkie noises. I had better get going! I've got an APB out on him. That means that everybody is looking for him. Anyway, I gotta go. Shouldn't take long. I'm good at solving mysteries and crimes. That's why I'm the chief."


She waved goodbye to her Grandma B, Whitlee Jo and Zeke and took off for town in her Barbie Camp'. Soon she would be in hot pursuit!

4 comments:

  1. Marlee made sure that her sister and Zeke were taken care of before she went out to catch the bad guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my she is a good cop for sure. Hope she catches the bad guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys , I'm back again . Still in Maine going back home in August.
    You go get that bad guy Marlee!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I said welcome home! I started reading backwards. Good old Grandma Lu

      Delete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...