Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Marlee Breaks The News To Whitlee Jo

Marlee went into her Grandma B's kitchen where Whitlee Jo was having a snack. She thought, "I guess it's now or never. I have to tell her she can't go on vacation with me this time. I have to go to Colorado and question the bad guy that stole Marleewood's trash can. I just may have thrown Grandma Lu's stimulus check in the trash. I know that my dad threw the trash away so there you have it. I have no choice but to get a job when I run out of money. I will camp along the side of the road. Maybe they have campgrounds for a big rig like mine. I don't know. I have all kinds of food in my Barbie Camp'. I can live off the land like my Grandma B taught me. I like persimmons and horse and dog treats. She'll let me take some I'm sure."


Marlee took a deep breath and went over to Whitlee's highchair and said, "I can't take you on vacation with me, but if you hurry up I'll take you for a little ride before I pack up and go." Whitlee's reaction was exactly what Marlee thought it would be. She was mad and said, "No! Go!"


Grandma B couldn't figure out what was the matter. She took Whitlee out of her highchair and said, "Why don't you two go for a ride in Marlee's camper? Well, that's exactly what Marlee and Whitlee both wanted.
While Marlee drove Whitlee around the mini farm she explained to her little sister just what she had to do. "It's called taking 'sponsibility', Whit. I need to know for sure if I made a mistake. If I did I have to earn money for Grandma Lu. I have some skills to get me jobs. I can sing and I can cook. I can babysit. I probably wouldn't like it, but I would do it if I had to. Now, there is something that you have to do while I'm gone. You need to take care of the Mercedes for me. Take good care of it and don't make a mess, okay? I love you and now I need to get packed up. And Whit? You start going potty like I taught you to. You have to grow up a little quicker now that I'm going to be gone.
Hopefully I won't be gone too long."


4 comments:

  1. You can't just teach 'sponsibility. You have to love one another and therefore you feel responsible for them. Marlee is growing up so fast, but I know in my heart that she will always feel responsible for her loved ones. As the story continues hopefully she will learn just how to modify it a bit and let others take some 'sonsibility too. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha you have it exactly right. LOVE this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story is a hoot :) Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great and I hope my great granddaughter is as caring when she gets older as she is now.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...