Monday, July 20, 2020

Dandelion Wishes Don't Always Come True

Marlee had decided that the lady would pay her more to help put her little girl's swing set together than the karaoke singing job. She thought that she would enjoy the summer sunshine too. She was starting to miss her little sister. "Hopefully I will make enough money to get to Colorado, question the crook and get back home with money for Grandma Lu. This job shouldn't take long and then I'll be back on the road."


What Marlee didn't count on was that she wasn't the only one that was looking for a job. Siddalee wanted a job too. She was not a bit happy that Marlee had gotten the very job that she had wanted. "I love being outdoors. I should have had that job. I even made a wish on a dandelion that I would get a fun job and then I didn't get it. I just don't understand this at all. Dandelion wishes must not work. I don't want a job anyway. I'd sooner ride my bike and have fun."


Marlee followed the lady and her daughter, Addison to their house. "Oh, this is a really big job. It's hot outside too. I don't know if I can do this. Maybe I should tell her to get a grown up. However, Marlee had always taken herself seriously. She straightened her shoulders and said, "Okay, what would you like me to do? I'm ready to go to work." And work she did. It was so very hot. What Marlee didn't know was that her family was keeping a close eye on her and the lady did most of the work. It seemed that Marlee's job was playing with Addison which she enjoyed. It seemed like it took a really long time, but soon the swing set was all put together and Addison loved it!


When Marlee's family had left the karaoke store, Grandma B had picked up a newspaper from one of the stands. As she was waiting for Marlee to finish her job she decided to look through the little papers she had purchased. One of the papers was a lost and found free newspaper. As she leafed through it she couldn't believe her eyes! There was an ad where someone was trying to find an owner of pictures of children that had been stuck to the bottom of a trash can that belonged to Marleewood. The lady left her phone number and address hoping to find the owner of the photos.


Grandma B recognized one of the photos right away. She turned on her phone and found a lot of messages. "Oops, maybe I shouldn't have turned my phone off. Oh well, I have to call Jo Ann."


3 comments:

  1. Siddalee Faith is a new character in the stories. She looks like she would love adventures and has personality plus. Free newspapers often have lots of information in them especially small town papers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Siddalee to the stories. Hope Marlee learns plenty of lessons on her adventure lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i think she has. Bet she misses all her family.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...