Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Mother Nature Is Having Fun With The Check

Grandma Lu was so happy! Abby's mom had called and wanted to talk to Grandma B. Grandma Lu had explained to her that she was on vacation, but she would leave a message for her. The news was shocking. The lady from Oklahoma had told her that her daughter had found a stimulus check while she was weeding out in the fence line. She said the check was made out to a Grandma Lu. "What? Oh my goodness, that's me! Abby found my check? Oh that's so wonderful! I will send her a little something for her kindness. Thank you so much. I sure can use that money nowadays."
Grandma Lu gave the lady her address and set about doing her household chores with a happy heart. She stopped for a minute and thought, "Oh dear, I need to call Gracie and tell her to come back home. My check is in the mail!"


What she didn't know was that her check had blown out the window before it could be sent to her. Mother Nature was having so much fun! She had had an idea. She was going to make the wind howl and swirl. "I think this will do the trick. I am nice once in awhile," she grinned to herself. Since she loved sunflowers because they made her happy she sent the check to Grandma B's sunflower patch. She put all rain on hold until this silly family got back home and found the check. "I think I'm going on vacation for awhile. This has been a lot of work for me. I hope that little girl can quit playing with that pup when she gets back and find the check or I'll have to cloud up and rain all over everything in a few days. People need the rain in that neck of the woods."


She settled back on a great big cloud just far enough so she could watch the show.
Close by the rescue ranch there was a man and woman celebrating their wedding anniversary on a Dude Ranch. They were enjoying themselves riding horses. Soon the wind started picking up making it uncomfortable. "I didn't think there was supposed to be a storm today. I hope it doesn't rain," said the lady. Her husband just grinned and said, "No, it will be fine. Mother Nature is on our side today because it's our anniversary." They both chuckled and had one of the staff take their picture and send it to Grandma Lu at Marleewood for her photo album.


Kyler wasn't having any luck finding Grandma Lu's check. His daddy needed the big truck so he turned around and went back home. He was disappointed. He had wanted to find Grandma Lu's check for her. The traveling had made him really tired. He soon felt himself falling asleep. He could feel the breeze coming through his window.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures showing Mother Nature's magnificent natural beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they are I love nature pictures. Hope grandma Lu gets he check back soon .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope grandma Lu get that check we need rain!!!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...