Friday, July 24, 2020

It Was Time To Go Home

Grandma B showed the newspaper article to her son and his wife. "Look at these pictures. They belong to JoAnn. I just called her. The lady that put the article in the paper lives close by. Shall we stop there on the way home? Grandma Lu told me that a lady in Oklahoma called her. Her daughter found her stimulus check while she was weeding. So all is well. Let's tell Marlee she doesn't need to go to Colorado. I think it would be fun to go get the pictures then do some fishing. We haven't done that for a long time. How about a picnic? Marlee loves a picnic and so do a lot of her friends. What do you think? Is it time to go home?"


Grandma B walked over to where Marlee was getting ready to get on the road. "Guess what, Marlee? Grandma Lu's check was found in Oklahoma. Those nice people are mailing it to Grandma Lu so we can go home now. How would you like to make a stop along the way? I found an add in a newspaper that said that a lady has found Jo Ann's pictures. It's a really long story, Marlee. I'll tell you all about it when we get home, but I just know she would love to have them back as soon as possible."

Marlee wasn't really ready to go home yet. She had made new friends on her latest adventure and was sure she would make some more on her way to Colorado. "Well, I do have a new hat. I guess we can go home. And I really like picnics, but I just thought I'd have fun in Colorado." Grandma B assured her that they would go out west another time, but she and her parents thought they would cut this trip a little short. "You know we have your birthday party to plan too. We have lots of things to do when we get home. Marlee, the hibiscus are blooming. You know how much you love them. So we had better pack up and get on back. Those sunflowers you planted were about ready to bloom too. Yes, we need to get back and tend to the flower and vegetable gardens."


A few days later Grandma Lu called Jo Ann and said, "Why don't you run up to Marleewood. B and I have a surprise for you." Even after lots of questions Grandma Lu said, "No, now B has the coffee on and I'm sure there are some snacks around here. It will be good to see you again. See you in a few minutes."
Jo Ann knew that Marlee was back from her trip and thought, "I think I will give that little one a doll I have. I know that B will help her keep it safe. So she wrapped it up and put it in the car. When she got there sure enough there were her friends and Marlee and cupcakes! "What a fun day." But soon she would think it was really a good day. If one was to look closely you just might see a happy tear in her eyes when she was handed the pictures of her grandchildren that had been missing. Oh what a wonderful surprise.



There was a very upset lady in Oklahoma frantically looking for the check that Abby had put on her desk. It belonged to a lady called Grandma Lu. "Where on earth could that check gone to? Abby said she put it right here by the window....

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's all up to Mother Nature now, but at least Jo Ann is happy. She has her pictures back. Now on to the next series in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!!! The check never gets back to gma Lu? is there a 2nd part?

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...