Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Marlee Isn't Giving Grandma Lu Approval

Grandma Lu was busy typing and writing notes in her journal and noticed that Whitlee Jo had fallen sound asleep. She thought to herself, "Poor little girl is bored to tears listening to Marlee and I. We should probably quit for the day and come back another day to finish the story. She looked over at her co-writer and said,"Marlee why don't we quit for today and come back another day maybe tomorrow to finish the story. It looks like Whitlee is tuckered out. I don't think she is a bit interested in the story. What do you think?" Marlee said, "No, I want to finish it today. Besides I said no boys and you already have two boys in the story and a butler that's a boy." Grandma Lu chuckled and said, "Okay, but the boys need to stay. Your daddy was a little boy once and your daddy has two brothers and you have boy cousins. Boys have a definite place in our story. In fact Kane and Miles are the heroes." Marlee said, "Okay. I guess you are right. The story is getting pretty interesting now. So what is going to happen to Johnnie Belle and Regan?"   

Grandma B said, "I wonder what you are going to do about Whitlee. You have her lost and eating cookies in a castle and nobody knows where she's at. Plus you have a search party out looking for her. Then poor Harper is out riding around on a unicorn. I think you two better get it together. I'm tired just thinking about it."

Grandma Lu grinned and whispered in Marlee's ear. "She has completely forgotten about Lyvy. She's at Unilan with Bella and a whole bunch of unicorns and maybe some strange creatures." Marlee laughed and said, "She forgot, didn't she? She also forgot about the Grandmother's cats. I think you have a plan, Grandma Lu." She knew she did when she saw Grandma Lu typing furiously on her computer. Marlee just knew that she was going to pull it off, but she sure didn't know how. She kind of agreed with her Grandma B. She was a little bit worried to tell the truth.


Grandma Lu stopped typing for a minute and Marlee said, "Okay read me what you have. Let me see if I approve. I'm still not too happy about the poor princess being spoiled and lonely. She wanted to have a party. Is she going to have a party? Is anyone going to come? I have this terrible feeling about this story."
                             
                                                                       *******
The Lonely Princess was resting on her grandmother's couch wishing she would get some kind of mail. She had sent out several invitations but had not heard back from anyone yet. She sure did wish those Royal cats would quit their meowing. One of them ran and hid under a blanket on the chair. 


 "I don't know why Grandmother keeps those cats. I love my little dog. I can dress her up and she doesn't even growl. She's the only friend I have," she sighed. She needed to rest just in case she did have someone come to her Valentines party. She and her grandmother had made a simple box for the Valentines she had hoped to receive. It was empty as well as the silver platter waiting for acceptance notes by the front door. Carter had at this point not received a single one. She also had not heard if the search party had found the little lost girl. "I hope they find her. I might like to have a little sister. At least it would give me someone to talk to and maybe play with.


                                                                               Whitlee Jo

Whitlee Jo loved the kitchen staff. They made excellent cookies and were so much fun. The dishwasher was a hoot. She would laugh and sing as she washed the dishes and the cooks were fun too.


Whitlee Jo said, "What do you call this place anyway? You all have so much fun even though it seems like you are always working. What are you doing all this baking for? Are you going to have a party? There is enough cupcakes for a party. I saw you give that boy a cupcake. I think I hear people outside. There are two little girls and two boys and even some grownups. Wait a minute! I see a boy with a horse holding onto my Uni! Yuk! You should clean your windows! Is there spiders in here? Wait you have my Uni!"


3 comments:

  1. This story has lots of characters, but if you read closely Whitlee Jo is the one giving the clues to the whole story. Have fun reading. I am going to print this one out for the lady I work for. She is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this story and all the characters in it. I bet she is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes she is. She has a great niece in it

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Memories Continue To Pop Up

 It's the day after Christmas and all through the house is... memories. That's what is in this house. Memories of old and memories t...